Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic Attacks; Can I Stop Having Them?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GxRay, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Well, every time I smoke really good bud, I have a "panic attack"
    There isn't really any "panic" involved (except for the first time, when I had no clue what the fuck was going on.)
    What happens Is I depersonalize, where I feel like I'm watching myself do things.
    I don't really like the feeling much, Is there a way I can stop having "Panic" attacks?

2. Smoke less.

Calm down,
    remember its only weed.

Don't think about it,
    just immerse yourself in something you like.

3. this, just get your mind off the whole 'panic' idea of a panic attack.

4. I don't feel "panicked" at all.
    I just feel weird and out of my body.
    If I listen really hard to some dubstep and just sit there for a while I don't really feel it, but will I eventually stop having them?

5. it depends on the person but I just recently started having them and now I almost never do, honestly the best thing you can do is try not to think about it and chances are it won't happen.

6. Your just high..

What do you expect from good bud,
    and a low tolerance?

If you wan't to stop that feeling,
    don't smoke or smoke way less for now.

7. Then that's not a panic attack. I've had a panic attack before, it blows man. It feels a lot like a heart attack, but during the whole time my heart and left arm hurt, my legs were shaking uncontrollably. Ended up going to the hospital, where after 45 or so minutes my blood pressure went down, and the pain and shaking stopped. I haven't had a panic attack since, thank god.

You probably just get a little too high, maybe you smoke too much.

8. Op have you had your blood pressure and heart rate checked if it's in normal values? Smoking raises HR and BP. You should prob get it checked out just incase.

Best toking to you man. :smoke:

9. Smoke less. Take one hit, wait fifteen minutes then toke more if need be.

10. Oh, well according to the link in this
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/651264-guide-why-am-i-having-crazy-freak-outs.html
    Depersonalization is a symptom of a panic attack.

Ehh, I just hope I quit having them.

11. Last night, I smoked too much and freaked out in the back seat of the car. I just had to keep going for walks to calm myself down. The trick is just to take deep breaths, know it all goes away, and just not smoke as much or as fast.

12. depersonalization disorder. lol you probably just over think shit... its anxiety :) Jump on board

13. man i never understand those who have panic attacks on weed. The only people in my mind who have those are either 14 or its their first time honestly.

14. Make sure your hydrated. Also, drink something sugary, such as oj or arizona, to keep your blood sugar level normal. When you smoke, your blood sugar level drops, which could cause anxiety, nausea, or panic attacks.
    Also, eat a mango. It releases a chemical called mycerin (I think that's how you spell it). It can make your high better.
    So make sure your hydrated, drink a sugary drink 30-15 minutes before smoking, and if possible eat a mango.

15. Your either very ignorant or retarded.

16. Smoke lower grade weed. If you havn't built up tolerance that will happen. It will also happen (in my experience) when you smoke really shitty swag that's been laced with something. The only other time i had that problem besides smoking swag was the time i tried Nola Diamond legal ganja.

17. I had one yesterday, ate a damn good brownie, took to much and ended up becoming trapped in my own room, higher than I have ever thought would be possible.

All I can say is just do something that will take your mind off of it.

18. do you have anxiety in your day to day life? some docs think its a bad idea to smoke if you do have anxiety, they feel that marijuana intensifies anxiety and paranoia. A lot of people disagree, myself included. do you know if you smoking indicas or sativas?

19. Afghan Kush is an indica.
    I haven't had enough smoking experience to have a preference, I was just happy that I was getting medical kush straight from a grower for a great price.

20. maybe that's the problem, try a sativa their usually associated with a more active high, optimism and being uplifting and energetic