Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic Attack Or Green Out? [Long]

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by camram, Sep 19, 2014.

1. So I've been smoking regularly for the past 3-4 years with some breaks here and there. The most recent significant break was last spring when I took a month off just to see if I could do it and how it felt. Lately I've been so busy with work and other hobbies that I sometimes take 1-2 days between smoking even though I used to be a hardcore wake and bake smoke till all hours of the night kind of guy. I've owned oil rigs and dabbed so not really a novice.

So yesterday I picked up some Hong Kong and planned on blazing while I watched Getting Doug With High. Of course I ended up loading a bowl in my pipe just to see how it was and everything was fine at that point. It was a heady relaxing type of high. Fast forward a few hours and the show is going live so I load up some more Hong Kong in the bong and take 2 fat rips. After the second bong hit I kind of knew this was at least going to be a "got too high" experience but I had no idea how scary it was going to get.

I started to lose track of the show. I kept pausing it and going back to figure out what they were talking about and then it took me like every ounce of energy to make it to the kitchen to find something with sugar. I was extremely uncomfortable and had like an imense cloud of fear hanging over my head. I was able to talk to people but I would say something like I'm kind of having an anxiety attack right now and go do something else. I rotated between trying to stay busy with my mind and laying in bed with the lights off waiting for it to pass.

I kept saying to myself weed has never killed anyone and you're going to be fine. Let it pass. The worst feeling was having the spins but not like in a drunk way. The best way to describe the spins was that I felt like I could barely walk and my mind was on the cusp of me not being able to control it. It was a sickening feeling like I had just got off an amusement park ride that just went in circles for hours and hours. Speaking of time, time definitely slowed down a lot. I'd lay in bed and what felt like 10 minutes of agony was like 1-2 minutes.

It probably took an hour and a half for most of the negative effects to start wearing off and probably 3 hours before I had completely come down from this terrible trip. I'm pretty bummed out because lately I've been having bad highs with this being the worst and cannabis has been such a positive thing in my life. I mean cannabis got me through one of the worst periods of depression I have ever gone through, aided me to stop drinking(I am a problem drinker) and even helped me quit smoking cigarettes. What happened to the fun times when all I ever had to do when I was feeling a little too high was eat something? Was it a panic attack? Did I green out?

2. Sounds like you had a panic attack.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

3. Yeah definitely sounds like a panic attack.

4. Got too high and had a panic attack.

5. Appreciate the input. I do suffer from anxiety and panic, thus I am familiar with what a panic attack feels like. I guess this experience kind of felt like a panic attack but I was really high at the same time so that could be why I wasn't sure what was going on. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid panic attacks while consuming cannabis? A big reason I never took to cannabis until later in life is that the first couple times I tried it was always riddled with anxiety. I've known others that had the same problem and we all kind of agreed it's just something you have to work to get over. Getting comfortable being uncomfortable. Thanks in advance!

6. Smoke less. 1 nice hit instead if 2 does it for me. Any more is too much for some people and can cause panic/anxiety in some people prone to that sort if thing (like myself). I usually have a few days a month where I am slightly more anxious and 1 hit of dank takes care of the anxiety usually. I am lucky though after almost 9 months of smoking (im strictly a night smoker) my tolerance is still relatively low and a single medical dose of cannabis for me is still 1 nice hit of dank. If your prone to anxiety just watch your intake or suffer the consequences.