Panic attack, horrible lingering effects. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Raymenizer, Sep 11, 2018.

1. I feel like my body is turning on me

2. What other substance are you on?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Absolutely nothing. Why?

4. Caffeine i guess

5. #25 TheGreen13, Sep 13, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    A couple of things. First I am NOT a Dr. But what your describing sounds like you had a psychotic breakdown. If your a super anxious person this can happen. You over think things and if your already worried before you smoke the littlest thing that goes wrong or feels weird once the high kicks in you freak out and super concentrated on it. When that happens you can obsess about it long after the high is gone and still feel symptoms. Your body will physically react to overloads of stress and anxiety. I've been there. And you'll end up with shit twitching all over and a ton of other side effects. Even muscle spasms, tingling and headaches, irregular heart beats and more.

A couple of problems with your case right off the bat.
    1. You were too young. Your brain was and is still developing at age 15 and even now at 18. You technically shouldn't use until your 25. Because of this marijuana could definitely have more negative affects on a young undeveloped brain compared to a older fully developed brain.
    2. The type of marijuana being used. I'm going to guess it was a high THC strain with no CBD. That is the worst combo for a newbie especially with high paranoia and anxiety. You should be using high CBD strains. With minimal THC or no THC. When you use only take 2 hits and wait 5hrs. No joke.
    3. Your buddy might have been the wrong person to use with your first time. A lot of times people can pressure you into smoking way more then you can handle. Take 2 hits and who cares what anyone says. This shit is medicine not candy. Respect it.
    As far as what you can do now. Well I would honestly see a Dr. Being that your 18 I dont know if your in a legal state or not and I think most of them are 21 and older. So you cant get real CBD or a low THC strain. I would honestly go to a Dr and tell them how bad your worried and you have super high anxiety. And I dont normally recommend this but try get ativan or another Benzo to calm you down. You would be surprised how well they work in this type of situation. I've been there. But do not over do it. Take only as prescribed. Actually take even less then prescribed. Believe me. These are good for breaking a person out of pure panic and psychotic break downs. But I wouldn't use them for anything else. And remember calm your self down. What I'm going to tell you right now will help you and make sense. You worried your going to die or something serious is wrong. Listen to me. Dont be. If something was seriously wrong you wouldn't have made it 3 years after the fact. You would have died within hours when you were 15. Take deep breaths. Relax your ok. Get to your Dr not because anything is physically wrong but because your having a breakdown. Get some ativan or xanax and rest.

6. thats the best advise that the OP will get. right on. exactly what i was trying to explain but better worded

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for the advice guys, its really helping, about medication i went and saw a psych and she just said im depressed and put me on fluoxitine she said what i am experiencing is most likely phycosomatic and apparently shell offer me therapy after ive used all the fluoxitine. I was nnevera anxious person before this but now i find myself shivering for no reason.

8. if you have been taking fluxitone for awhile and immediately stopped. than that might be a withdrawal symptom
    or maybe you experienced sysmptoms from the SSRI? I now a lot of people get weird ear sensations from taking or withdrawing these drugs. see if 'brain-zaps' are similar to your sypmtoms

Head And Brain Zaps Caused By Medication

9. Are you shivering after you took the depression meds? They gave me fluoxetine years ago and I felt like HELL on it. An hour after I took it I became very shakey and it felt like my blood sugar dropped to dangerous levels and my heart went into a crazy irregular rhythm. Just be careful with that stuff. Some of these Phsyc Drs are so quick to diagnose people with depression. What you described to me sounded more like hardcore sever anxiety and a psychotic break down and a lot of worrying. Are you being honest with your Dr?? That's important to getting prescribed the RIGHT medication. Again I'm not a Dr. But just make sure your taking the right medication and keep a close eye on it to see if its working or not and be determined and work hard with your Dr to get the right stuff.

10. Yes i was completely honest with her, when i told her that i was still experiencing the weird sensations after 3 years she looked at me oddly, i also said that i smoked again in June of this year aandhad another panic attack and made things worse.

What iiimeantby the shivering, its from being anxious, i had it long before iI started meds, my dad says im "highly strung"

11. Im currently still taking them im almost done with them jjusthave a few pills left cant say i see any improvement

12. So your shivering from anxiety and your highly strung but she gives you depression meds?? Uh? Ok? Something is off ...I'm not saying you dont have depression aslo.. But it doesn't sound like the main issue per this conversation and post.

And this is the exact reason why Marijuana gets a bad rap. Because of prohibition and the black market. And why theres so many Drs saying it's bad. Because the politicans keep it illegal the black market is formed. Then these illegal growers grow for super high THC and grow out the CBD. Then kids like this get a hold of it on the streets and guess what happens?? THIS!!!
    Imagine if it was never made illegal and it was just used as medicine like it was for 1000 years. It would be under 10% THC still have CBD in it's natural form and used the right way. And professionals would be prescribing it and advising people how to use It and the right dosage. And there would be good reviews. And there would be less people having psychotic break downs.

Good job political idiots in the 1930s and dumb ass Nixon and Regan. And all the rest of the current idiots that think prohibition actually works. Good job.

13. Here where i live marijuana is still illegal but people are having protests and stuff to make it legal, it looks like theres a good chance it might be legalized here in South Africa, but i dont think it should because theres alot of rastas here who make a living of selling weed.

The fact that marijuana is illegal here definitely made me paranoid when i was high, i thought they would shoot me if they saw me stoned.

I see this as a lesson, here in South Africa we have a big problem with drugs and perhaps this phycotic break i had on weed scared the shit put of me and kept me off the streets and away from drugs.

I hope i can recover, it will most likely take time, i admit i have not made an effort to better myself ive just sat at home playing xbox, staying up till morning hours, not socializing, not even getting sun for months at a time.

People have commented and have said that i lost alot of weight and generally dont look healthy, which sucks. I really need to fix myself...

14. lol it’s just weed
    You have deeper issues

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I do agree that i have issues that i need to work through, but believe me when i say i was never a depressed person before, i was always smiling and just generally a fun guy to be around, im depressed because of the symptoms i am experiencing, i am depressed because i feel like i have brain damage, but doctors tell me otherwise, they say its impossible that i sustained brain damage from weed. All the things that happened to me after this panic attack from weed, i feel so lethargic and generally doomed.

16. we may have even cured cancer by now

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Think of all those fearful thoughts you had all these years. all the panic attacks. maybe a hundred of them? who knows.
    But one thing we know is that you are still aliove and well. No matter how scary those panic attacks and anxious thoughts in your head, NOTHING HAPPENED.
    and you are going to keep working yourself up and maybe have a hundred more panic attacks until you realize the more you think about it, the more it hangs around. the moment you stop caring, and convince yourself and your mind that you are fine and you were just raising your own hormone and adrenaline levels and doing this shit to yourself, you are going to look back and say what a fool and a pussy you were. I know I did.

18. Thanks,
    I know this is in my mind, but during the day i have panic attacks and start thinking perhaps its physical and my brain is permanently damaged, then i start to feel really messed up, and my whole day is ruined, the thing that bothers me most is this weird sensation in my face, head and legs, it literally feels like liquid going down my facw when i lay down and close my eyes but i can intensify it when i concentrate on it, it also feels like somethings on my nose, like pressure, same thing with my legs, it feels like someone is grabbing onto my legs and putting pressure onto them, i obsess over these things everyday, every morning i wake up and i start wondering where these sensations are and then i start feeling them.

I have used up all my anti depressants, and i have to see the doc again in 5 days im not sure why though so ill keep u guys updated.

19. you need to do the opposite and not give a fuck. keep yourself busy with freinds and activities. you need to lower your body's flight/flight hormone. you are constantly alert and tense. you need to let go.
    you need to do one massive hit from a bong. take it like a man. and if you are scared, do one more hit. and then one more. until your fear looks stupid