Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic attack 190+ bpm

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by scrxm, Jan 29, 2014.

1. #81 scrxm, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Y

2. Can't say I've had that bad of a panic attack before, but I can remember one instant where it could of ended up bad.

I smoked two bowls from my pipe, I had just purchased it and I love it for it's abnormally HUGE bowl. Anyways, it was the weekend and I decided to break it in and I had smoked only a couple times with it before hand so I didn't know what two bowls with no pause in between would do to me. After I finished the second bowl, it kind of happened like this:

- I had my window opened up and just started looking outside... I swear to god in the state I was in I thought I'd seen a laser pointing right at me from outside, let me remind you it was past midnight so it was pitch black. I ended up going on both knees and resting my head against the window ledge while looking outside for at least 10 minutes before I decided it was time to close the window.

- I proceeded to crawl into bed and did not know what I was about to experience... so many different sounds. It was the sound of doors slamming, footsteps above me (house had 3 floors in it... huge.), laughter, etc...

- I got up from bed and turned on the light and just held my hand to the door, had to catch my breath. After a few minutes I decided I was alright enough to get back in bed, the noises died down however I still heard them but eventually I was able to sleep it away.

3. Reason number 1 million why I only smoke Indicas.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Bro I get the same thing I've been smoking since 10th grade I'm
    19 now. Every time I get high (doesn't even maTTER HOW DANK THE BUD is)as soon I'm done token or while I'm token my heart just starts beating extremely fast it's unfortunate that this happens to me cuz now it's probably going to make me quit but I don't want that . Just keep smoking but not too much in one sesh and see what happens

5. its all in the mind, i had a few in my time and i consider myself pretty hardcore

, even had one on a plane, pretty much the worst experience of my life stranded in the air with other douches watching me . it also morphed in to not being able to breathe or swallow.

i keep a valium on my person at all times however i dont take more than 2 a year really. its not to be abused but if you start feeling panicky neck one 

smoking weed can set me off but just repeat that mantra "this to will pass" and it does.  

6. #86 scrxm, Feb 5, 2014
    H

7. #87 scrxm, Feb 5, 2014
    H

8. it's gonna be safe to smoke again whenever the thought of your heart beating fast goes away. If u smoke just to see if ur heart is gonna beat fast ur practically evaluating yourself which will trigger ur heart to beat fast again.

9. #89 scrxm, Feb 5, 2014
    H

10. I've had panic attacks from weed before.

I now need a strain with high CBD or else I get anxiety when I smoke. CBD sorta mellows me out to give an enjoyable high.

Omega369 :wave:

11. #91 scrxm, Feb 6, 2014
    H

12. #92 scrxm, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014

Sent from my iP

13. #93 scrxm, Feb 6, 2014
    Sent from my iP

14. #94 scrxm, Feb 6, 2014
    h

15. Smoking weed will raise your heart rate. 110-120 doesn't sound nearly as bad as 200+. Smoke indica, smoke less.

I had something like this happen, which makes me think this reaction is a mixture of physical and psychological.
    I had just taken a short break, dropping my tolerance. I'm a fairly heavy smoker. I downed 3 bowls back to back and exited my room.

That's when I realized my heart was beating REALLY fast, and that I felt a little nervous. The high was strong. The fact that the high was stronger than expected fed my anxiety, which further increased my heart rate.

When checking my pulse it was over 160; not a great measure though, because it was done using my index finger on the neck.

Then I started blacking out, so I lay down on the ground. Tried to fight passing out and concentrated on bringing my heart rate down and about 5 minutes later I could see again and my heart rate was down. Basically greened out. Dunno if its the same thing as you got though, considering your BPM was way higher.

If it continues I'd stop though. I havn't experienced it since,

16. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm sort of going through the same thing. I too have that app and check my pulse throughout the day. A few hits of this sativa raise my heart rate anywhere from 10-30 bpm but if I start to get anxious over it it will go a lot higher. 110-120 isn't even fast. Now if my heart rate was 120+ everytime I smoked I'd be a little concerned.

17. guys stop checking pulses and heart rates , it all feeds into the fear.

18. Boss up kid.. I've got a hole in my heart.

19. Sounds like someone can't handle their weed buzz. I've been smoking heavily again since 2010 and I've never had one negative thing come from smoking great week. Why you're taking 5 bong rips is beyond me, usually a good one or two will get you right as rain. You young smokers are a weird lot. Back when I smoked in HS all we had access to was dirty schwag and the occasional hydro would come around and it was nothing like this. Moderation homie, ripping the bong 5 times is just overkill.

20. #100 scrxm, Feb 7, 2014
    H