Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic attack 190+ bpm

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by scrxm, Jan 29, 2014.

I've had some transient (disappears quickly) anxiety after hitting the bong pretty hard and underestimating the herb. It happens. The anxiety could cause the rapid heart rate->the rapid heart rate triggers the underlying SVT that you already had.

How have you been since? No problems?

2. [quote name="Dr McJiblets" post="19431941" timestamp="1391045508"]I've had some transient (disappears quickly) anxiety after hitting the bong pretty hard and underestimating the herb. It happens. The anxiety could cause the rapid heart rate->the rapid heart rate triggers the underlying SVT that you already had.How have you been since? No problems?[/quote] no problems at all! Yesterday is kinda a blur because I was pretty stoned haha Sent from my iP

3. [quote name="Dr McJiblets" post="19431941" timestamp="1391045508"]I've had some transient (disappears quickly) anxiety after hitting the bong pretty hard and underestimating the herb. It happens. The anxiety could cause the rapid heart rate->the rapid heart rate triggers the underlying SVT that you already had.How have you been since? No problems?[/quote] does this mean every time I smoke from now on it will trigger the svt?Sent from my iP

Not if you smoked yesterday and were okay. :)

5. [quote name="Dr McJiblets" post="19432266" timestamp="1391048727"]Not if you smoked yesterday and were okay. :)[/quote] I hope this is sarcastic because this whole thread is about what happened yesterday when I smoked.....Sent from my iP

6. The paramedics shouldn't have shocked you. They should have given you IV Adenosine as a first measure. 

I had to be injected with Adenosine once to bring my heart rate down and it was the weirdest experience ever. It's supposed to stop and restart your heart, but it didn't work on me LOL.

7. #67 Dr McJiblets, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014

Have you smoked prior to that without this effect? [Didn't realize it was yesterday, my B.]

8. [quote name="Dr McJiblets" post="19432764" timestamp="1391054008"]Have you smoked prior to that without this effect? [Didn't realize it was yesterday, my B.][/quote] hahaha no problem... No I haven't smoked since the incident... Should I? Sent from my iP

9. I first had a panic attack when i was 15. I was in grand forks north Dakota. Smoked two blunts with my brother. We got to watching this trippy movie man. So i was getting really into the movie and noticed my heart racing. So my stoned ass thinks that if i do something that would get my heart racing normally then it would go back down when Im done.. nope. I was running around the block at about one in the morning in the dead of winter.. went to the hospital. Almost passed out on the way there. I got out of the hospital and a few days later i smoked again out of a gravity bong. Same thing happened. But what i honestly believe is that when it happened the second time.. it was my fear of having a panic attack, not the weed. I support getting high and i love to myself.but my anxiety has gotten so bad that i feel i need to take my anxiety medication (alprazolam) before i toke. And Im usually cool. So dont rule out smoking man. U might have a problem with anxiety. I never had it until i was fifteen. U let it control u smoking. It will start controlling other things man. I used to burn alot too. Older brothers always sold shit so i always smoked with them so i can relate. And ive had the SVTs @ 203bpm and they injected ativan in me and i calmed down within half an hour. OP i seen this thread and had to post, hope it helps

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. And SVT isnt a heart condition i dont believe. Its just when your heartrate exceeds 150 bpm during a state of rest.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I won't endorse you smoking again and then having the same thing happen to you. lol

You might wanna take it easy for awhile. If you do decide to fire up, I think you might want to keep it down to a pinch and follow that up with relaxation techniques. 

SVT isn't a chronic "condition". But, people who have been in it before, tend to get into it again more easily. 

Had my first panic attack when I was 16. Sudden onset. I was just driving to my girlfriend's house. No idea why it happened. It fucking SUCKED. Haven't had one since even with ten years under my belt as a firefighter.

13. [quote name="afflicted" post="19432826" timestamp="1391054565"]I first had a panic attack when i was 15. I was in grand forks north Dakota. Smoked two blunts with my brother. We got to watching this trippy movie man. So i was getting really into the movie and noticed my heart racing. So my stoned ass thinks that if i do something that would get my heart racing normally then it would go back down when Im done.. nope. I was running around the block at about one in the morning in the dead of winter.. went to the hospital. Almost passed out on the way there. I got out of the hospital and a few days later i smoked again out of a gravity bong. Same thing happened. But what i honestly believe is that when it happened the second time.. it was my fear of having a panic attack, not the weed. I support getting high and i love to myself.but my anxiety has gotten so bad that i feel i need to take my anxiety medication (alprazolam) before i toke. And Im usually cool. So dont rule out smoking man. U might have a problem with anxiety. I never had it until i was fifteen. U let it control u smoking. It will start controlling other things man. I used to burn alot too. Older brothers always sold shit so i always smoked with them so i can relate. And ive had the SVTs @ 203bpm and they injected ativan in me and i calmed down within half an hour. OP i seen this thread and had to post, hope it helpsSent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote] that sounds about exactly what happened to me! They also injected Ativan into me! Should I just take a t break and calm down and smoke after the break? Sent from my iP

Yes, take a break for a little while and return to it later. Just know that it's unlikely to happen again. And when you do smoke again, start with a small amount first.

You can always get more stoned, but you can't get less stoned. 

15. I haven't smoked in about a week... I really miss it.. I'm just really nervous it is going to happen again... Can someone please tell me if it will? I don't want to end up in the hospital again! Obviously I wouldn't smoke as much this first time but I just don't want it to happen again? Please someone respond Thanks guys Sent from my iP

16. [quote name="scrxm" post="19465547" timestamp="1391548775"]I haven't smoked in about a week... I really miss it.. I'm just really nervous it is going to happen again... Can someone please tell me if it will? I don't want to end up in the hospital again! Obviously I wouldn't smoke as much this first time but I just don't want it to happen again? Please someone respond Thanks guys Sent from my iP[/quote] bump please help guys any feedback appreciated Sent from my iP

17. To much THC man, not enough of its cousins(CBD,CBG, etc). and 5 bong rips wouldve did the same to me no matter what kind. haha

18. #78 Hydroriffic, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    dude why are you even questioning whether or not you should smoke?
    This is like a alcoholic who has liver cancer and wonders if its okay to drink...

What if your heart fails and you go without blood for minutes, or maybe next time
    you wont get the chance to call 911.

I suggest you find some other way of having fun....

Dont get me wrong, I love maryj but if anything ever happen to me like that I wouldnt
    put myself in that situation.

its likely the memorys of the experiance you had will trigger anxiety

19. #79 coraygc, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    I have had a few tachycardic episodes.  Smoke less and slower.  Remember, MJ will raise your heart rate, it just will- Granted, 190 is not safe, nor is it normal.  Also, remember other daily substances can affect HR too. Caffeine, for example, will raise you HR.  I love caffeine, but my body is very sensitive to it, and sometimes if I drink a lot of it and consume a lot of bud I can get tachycardic 

20. [quote name="Hydroriffic" post="19466755" timestamp="1391563699"]dude why are you even questioning whether or not you should smoke?This is like a alcoholic who has liver cancer and wonders if its okay to drink...What if your heart fails and you go without blood for minutes, or maybe next timeyou wont get the chance to call 911.I suggest you find some other way of having fun....Dont get me wrong, I love maryj but if anything ever happen to me like that I wouldntput myself in that situation.its likely the memorys of the experiance you had will trigger anxiety[/quote] it was a random occurrence it is not as I I have had multiple episodes..Sent from my iP