Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic attack 190+ bpm

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by scrxm, Jan 29, 2014.

1. #21 Dr McJiblets, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    Doesn't sound like the MJ. Sounds like bad timing. What you had was supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). Next time, take a deep breath, and bear down (push like you're trying to take a shit). Don't crap your pants. I'm not kidding. This is called a valsalva maneuver and will cause you to vasovagal (return to a normal rate). If it doesn't work, you most likely need medication (adenosine) to reset your heart. If that doesn't work, then you bring in the electricity (synchronized cardioversion). Try massaging where you feel your pulse in your neck on both sides, too (carotid massage). Also, long, deep, relaxing breaths. Kinda hard to relax when you're going through that, but try hard.

If you start sweating, get cold, or feel like you're about to pass out, call 9-1-1 immediately. You'll learn why we use the phrase "Unstable = cable".  Glad you're doing better though. 

It's possible that the MJ triggered some anxiety that affected your heart rate, but I doubt it. You most likely already had the underlying condition. Try not to get so ripped next time. ;)

If the MJ is making this condition worse, you'd better drop it entirely. Fortunately, thanks to the prohibition, there's little-to-no research on this shit.

You eat shit? Are you Shooter McGavin? LOL

3. #23 cball, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014

being offended doesn't grant YOU (or anyone else) any rights or privileges...
    propaganda spreading agents often use that fallacy, the appeal to emotion and 'how dare you question me' paraphrased to offset people from speaking up to question them further...

...post the paperwork the ER sent you home with or we can just stick with 'you are FOS'. (you can block out personal info that can be linked)

4. So you're saying anyone who has a racing heart panic attack when high has a heart condition? I've had plenty of those and my heart is super healthy..

5. YES i remember the medics saying SVT when i was in the ambulance... Thank you..

so what do you suggest i do? Ive never had this problem before? Should i quit?

He can tell the potency of bud just by looking at it? Good to know that I'll have that superpower in only a few more years........It would have saved me a shit ton of money if I could have had it say when I had only ten years of toking under my belt.

Yup. Quit. Why risk it dude? Hell, there is always alcohol. Although it is dangerous.........far more dangerous. Have you ever had an AA on that?

8. well i don't have the paperwork on me right now... once i get home i will surely post the information...

All i have a picture of on my phone is of the drug test results...It shows the date and hospital i attended if you want me to post that for proof of authenticity 

9. he smoked it also....

10. #30 Dr McJiblets, Jan 29, 2014

Does it say that ANYWHERE in my reply? Hmmm? No, it doesn't. Don't put words in my mouth.

Judging by your description of your symptoms, it points to SVT, a fairly common heart condition. It's typically accompanied by anxiety, palpitations, sweating (in severe cases), light-headedness, and a heart rate over 180. 

Do you know of anyone getting electrocuted by paramedics over an anxiety attack? Yeah, me neither.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SVT

11. So what's the main difference between sinus tachycardia and Svt? Can you tell which one you're having just by checking bpm?

"...N...NO!"

LMAO. Thanks for the memories, man.

13. #33 scrxm, Jan 29, 2014
    they were telling me that the cause for my high bpm was weed?

meaning i guess that the weed caused me to have a panic attack which cause my bpm to sky rocket

Not typically. I'm reading a description on the internet. lol

Sinus tachycardia is any heart rate over 100. It literally means "fast heart". "Sinus" is where the heart rate is originating, the sinus of the heart (where it's supposed to). It's just fast.

Most people are in sinus tachycardia at the gym. Hell, a big enough turd can cause it.

15. Okay, that's what I thought bcuz when I start getting all anxious when I'm high I'm sure my heart rate is around 125 but it's perfectly steady.

If MJ is making it worse, yeah. You don't want to play around with the heart stuff.

Yeah, that's pretty common. It happened to me the first few times I toked. Just sit down and take a deep breath. :)

125 isn't too big a deal unless it stays there for an extended period of time. But, it's in your head. So, if you focus up, you can overcome it pretty easily.

18. I don't know if it is making ti worse? This is the first I've ever experienced anything like it

19. Damn op, SVT is scary shit. You should go t a cardiologist and have them do tests on your heart.

Attached Files:

That's kinda tricky. The doctor could have told you that because he doesn't want you smoking weed. It could have triggered it. Just be careful, man. Is this the first time? The ear thing is really weird.

You should err on the side of caution and just stay away from it. My advice was really just to help you out in a pinch. I wouldn't suggest you keep triggering it. :-/