Pandoras box

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by light green, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Hey dudes, I like pandora's box. I love that you're down with people talking about other drugs on the forums, however there are way too many threads about the same drugs. i possibly see 5 new lsd threads a day. I think you as mods should make like six stickies in the pandoras box section, one for cocaine, one for opiates, one for benzos, one for mdma, one for amphetamines and one for psychedelics. so that way we can limit the discussion of those drugs to the people who want to talk about those drugs and that way people can look at the new posts in that section to answer questions that they possibly wouldn't even be able to see because there are so many new posts asking the same questions. I also think that would limit arguments among people inside of pandoras box. how many people have been banned over arguments that started over drug usage?

it can free up pandoras box for other discussions, conspiracy theories and whatever else finds it's way in there. the box isn't supposed to be just about other drugs but other drugs have taken over.

I also understand that you got rid of the stickies in pandoras box but right now it has no organization. and there are way too many threads asking the same questions.

would this be possible to do?

2. i actually really like your idea, of the stickied threads. i've thought about suggesting it before. it would make the box a lot easier for mods to moderate as well, as they'd only have to look in one thread for each drug, for rules violations.

3. Even when we had the Psychedelic Hotline thread stickied almost nobody posted in it.

I don't think stickies will help very much. Too many people already don't read the most important sticky that is there: the rules of the box.

4. yeah i agree.

if anything it would cause more moderation.. because we'd have to delete every damn LSD thread etc.. because of the fools who didn't post in the sticky's.

5. Maybe forum sections instead of stickies then.... like how recreational is split into toking tools, incredible edible herb and stash jar.

6. For one thing pandoras box ISNT about just other drugs.

7. i do believe i said that in the OP...

That seems like a good idea too, a better idea than the one i had because as stonerlukas said, people don't read the stickies in the first place.

8. Agreed.
    You can tell how many people actually read the stickies just by how many people still break the rules in that forum. :rolleyes:
    If they were the sticky-reading type, they would have known. ;)

Also, I'm just speaking for myself here, but I don't believe that's exactly the kind of image GC wants to put out.

Like Agalloch said, Pandora's is not just about other drugs. GC isn't about promoting the use of other drugs here, and making stickies about them is... well, pretty promotional. :p

9. Tru dat.

10. it is a well known message board rule (at least amongst those who have moderated a message board):

NO ONE READS THE STICKIES.

11. I skim through the stickies. :(

12. The girl's right. :)

13. i bet if we made a sticky titled "FREE WEED" people would read it :D

14. where?!

15. heh...I used to put in little contests at the end of important stickies to see who was actually reading them...lack of entries...

16. lol Yup Free Weed Any Where and Peeps are Reading again! lol *-*

17. This could be bad though, because we might not want to give outsiders the wrong message about the community since the sections suggest that the forum condones drug usage. (of course I'm excluding weed from the word "drug")

18. i dont understand why people complain about more drug threads in pandoras box...

its supposed to be a LOOSELY moderated area i thought...

i mean, if one person has lsd, and then another member does, maybe he or she wants to make there own thread...

19. The real problem is having to weed out which threads are worth reading and which are just another countless repeat about how someone can't find acid, don't know how much shrooms to eat, or some stupid DXM question which has been answered all over the internet many thousands of times. (google anyone?)

The quantity of repeats makes it difficult to find the few worthwhile ones. But I guess there really isn't much we can do to fix the problem, because in the end, well. . you can't fix stupid. .