Pandora Radio

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Squrd, Nov 24, 2008.

1. If you haven't heard/used it yet i recommend it. You start off with creating a radio station by inputting the artists you like then it will start to play similar artists/songs. You can give the songs thumbs up or thumbs down, then the radio gets smarter and will start playing songs that you like only. Ive been using it for about 2-3 weeks now and I only get a song I don't like every 18-20 songs.

2. Pandora is awesome. A few months ago I read they were having some legal and financial issues and might have to close down. Glad that it isn't the case so far.

I like that they actualy use analysis from the Music Genome Project to predict which songs you might like, instead of just what what other people suggest.

3. I really enjoy Pandora; their Trip-Hop channel is awesome.

4. Im on Pandora constantly. It gets smart too like im mostly on my Sublime channel and Pink Floyd and it starts throwing in Hendrix and shit that I gave thumbs up on other stations I had

5. Love it. I've found so many songs I hadn't heard in such a long time, not to mention new stuff I would've never heard. I'm glad it's free, and I hope it stays that way. What can you do if you become a paying member for anyone who knows?

6. i used to use it all the time but right now im in spain for the semester and you cant get in through spanish servers :(

but yea pandora is the shit...they were having legal troubles but i believe they got through them alright...im not sure because i havent been to the site since august but i think they had to change around a litle bit the way the site works becasue of legal issues, but the site as a whole is still allowed to function which is good (i read it in a digg article some time ago)

7. Yeah pandora is dope. A few of my friends are all about it, and I definitely think it's raw.

8. i like pandora a lot more than last.fm most def

9. I enjoy comparing Last.FM's radio station for once artist with Pandora's. :p

Both are great websites for learning about similar artist!

10. First they don't recognize any of the bands I try, next when they do they keep playing the same completely different band when I keep saying I don't like it.