Palmer Lake votes to ban recreational marijuana sales

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by rizzo30, Aug 9, 2013.

1. http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23829124/town-wont-allow-pot

<span>Saying they didn't want their small, family-friendly town to become the Amsterdam of El Paso County, the Palmer Lake Town Council joined neighboring communities and banned retail marijuana sales.</span>
    <span>In a 4-1 vote Thursday, the council approved an ordinance that bans the sale of marijuana for recreational use.</span>
    <span>Restaurant owner Mike Elliott said by banning retail marijuana sales, the town was missing out on sales tax revenue that it desperately needed.</span>
    <span>But council member Mike Patrizi said he would rather the town go broke than take a dime for pot sales.</span>

2. Hi. 

Fuck Plamer Lake.

That is all :)

peace and pot

3. Add Mike Patrizi to the recall list.  "The Amsterdam of El Paso County"  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

4. A council member that wants the city to go broke? Dayum. I used to live in palmer lake. Back in the early-mid 70's there were a shitload of weed smokers living there. I wonder what happened?

5. LOL
    Would rather their city go broke than accept taxes from a plant that has never killed anyone and has been proven to have anti carcinogenic and other health beneficial properties...
    Mike Patrizi  -- What a dumb fuck.!
    Makes ya wanna lock this guy in an asbestos cage for a few days then let him out so he can go to one of the other counties to get his Hemp oil.

6. Once these smaller cities see how much the bigger cities are making from recreational marijuana they will want a piece of the pie.

7. Or they may be the ones laughing when the whole idea of the state making bank on taxes fails to materialize. 

8. Uggghhhh.....people quit bitching and moaning on how well CO and WA will do financially in the beginning. Of course the revenue was overestimated but its the start of a new legal market. It seems to me the biggest opposition to legalization now are growers and retailers who want to avoid paying taxes and then rake up a large amount money while passing on high prices to consumers. This is why once the markets get established in CO and WA prices will plummet due to the large amount of growers who are or have moved from Cali to avoid the current federal and local crackdown. Give these initiatives a chance before proclaiming them a failure or we could end up waiting another 70 years for legalization.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Where are they going to put the pot shops with all this NIMBY? 

10. I want pie.

11. They think it will invite hard crime in their town and yet they also quote studies? Lol.