pale green splotches

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sexypenguin41, Nov 21, 2008.

1. hey everyone, i'm a little over two weeks into my second attempt and it's going really well except that on some of the new leaves on one of my plants there are some pale green areas. the temperature stays around 75 degrees, humidity at 33% and i've got three 23 watt daylight bulbs, three 43 watt bright white bulbs and two 15 watt gro lux fluoro tubes. it's in a three and a half gallon pot with fox farm ocean forest soil mixed with perlite and i'm using distilled water to water (usually one every two days about, sometimes a little sooner cause of the low humidity). Are these spots something to worry about?

Attached Files:

2. have you checked for mites?

3. Could just be light bleaching. This happens when the humidity rises at night as well as when the plants perspire and leave wet spots on the leaves which then act as magnifying lenses when the lights turn on. Not much to worry about unless you do find mites.

4. Are you using nutes? Does the soil have any of the time release nutes in it?

I had the same problem with some clones and found out that it was the time release in the soil. The plant was perfect until the roots started. The plant started to grow then suddenly stopped and then the little pale spots came up.

After some research found out that the roots wanted some nutes, got to much and then started to burn. If you water the soil too much it well speed up the time release; over nuting the soil.

To rectify the problem I re-potted the clone in fresh soil with minimal watering and that corrected the problem. Hope this helps.

5. it's possible that it came from misting my plants a lot. the humidity dipped below 30% when a really dry cold front came through, so for several days i misted them several times a day. I haven't really started using nutes. i used a very diluted concentration of some the other day just in case, but that was after the spots were already there and fox farm ocean forest soil doesn't have time released nutes.

6. hey everyone, it's been a few days. the splotches are still there, but it's not getting worse, and the plant is doing so well, i'm not worried anymore. i added three more daylight cfl's and put splitters on the sockets so i could hang them right over the plants.

Attached Files:

7. If it didnt spread or get worse it was probably the misting that did it...

8. i would agree with that, but i misted the entire plant and this stuff is only near the edges of the leaves