Paladins Vs. Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Jason Van Jason, Sep 13, 2018.

1. I started playing Paladins on steam a long time ago, played beta launch on and off through to now. The game is ok, although it should be noted that there is an incredible difference between console versions and steam version; the auto aiming on console is really bad at times, so when characters jump up and down, if you do not have your sensitivity/auto aim corrected, your shit will just bob up and down, it becomes incredibly annoying. The steam version does not have this and is in my opinion, a much more enjoyable experience.

Speaking of more enjoyable experiences, Overwatch is a lot of fun as well and these two games are basically brought up synonymously whenever one or the other is talked about by the typical gamer; the two games are very similar with some differences. Overwatch is so much more crisper and vibrant, it really is a great looking game. Complaints are minimal surrounding Overwatch, depending on who you speak with, but for me, one of the biggest problems is the fact that the game has 6 players per team and when you increase the player count per team, you increase the chance of running into a bad apple and it happens in pubs a lot... Each team mate must play a role and even within a pre-formed team, managing these roles can be difficult at times because most people have a role that they focus on and will often be required to play outside that role and this can make the game incredibly toxic at times.

Personally I've been an avid Battle.net customer and Overwatch was an easy buy for me and I enjoy the game.. Like the first maybe 6 months of that games release was freaking legendary but lately, I haven't picked it up, in favor of Paladins and it frustrates me that I paid for Overwatch when Paladins is free. Community wise, there are less toxic players in Paladins I find, probably because there are only 5 players per team and I could even see myself enjoying 4.

The other thing that I enjoy about Paladins is the sheer amount of customization that can be performed on each champion, not just customizing their appearance with skins (Micro T's) but also by actually giving the champion access to 4 different choices of skills that completely alter the champions skills; in this way, when you are playing a tank role, you can choose to be more aggressive, defensive, or even a mix of both. Furthermore, you can alter your champions with "Loadouts", that alter the champions abilities or provide an effect to an ability that you would not otherwise have. Relating this to Overwatch, the one thing I can say about Overwatch is that the team have a very good system for balancing the game; In Paladins, with the amount of customization there is, balancing is incredibly difficult to achieve and often, new champions released early are very strong, even over powered, probably to drive up Micro-Transactions.

New champions that are overpowered at times are really the only downside to the Micro-Transactions in Paladins... The MT's themselves are not invasive in any way and even if you want that new overpowered hero, amassing the gold to get that hero is confusingly easy, to the point that they might as well release the hero for free, but I digress, the currency needed to purchase champions is easily attainable. This all held true until the battle pass came out, which is probably the most invasive MT to date in this game, but even saying that, it is not bad.

Anyone play either of these games? Thoughts? As you can probably tell, I have played a lot more Paladins than Overwatch. Currently I am playing on Xbox1, if anyone wants to play together maybe Friday or something, give me a PM!