Pakistan Islamists to Protest Bin Laden Raid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, May 5, 2011.

1. If these people wanted to hand over bin laden, and avoid bloodshed, they've had TEN YEARS to do so - and it's obvious that Pakistan knew very well where he was hiding. If not, then they're stupider than we thought.

2. The most wanted man in the world was in their backyard and they were helping him hide. If they want to get pissed about the US taking it out of their hands, fine. but it was the right decision.

3. Why would they want to hand Bin Laden over? Its obvious they didn't.

Im still skeptical they even killed Osama anyway...

4. A couple of simple questions for you garrison68, or others with your viewpoint:

1- Why did Al-Qaeda attack us on 9/11?
    2- Were they the aggressor or were they responding to aggression?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It's one thing if the United States was following a non-interventionist foreign policy, setting a good example for the rest of humanity worldwide and someone attacked us "out of the blue."

It's an entirely different situation if we were following an interventionist foreign policy around the globe, promoting a "permanent warfare economy" thanks to a seemingly out of control "military-industrial complex."

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence - economic, political, even spiritual - is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together." - Dwight D. Eisenhower, General of the Army (five-star general) & President of the United States of America.

5. These protesters must be US government agents. It makes it seem like we actually had a SEAL team over there.

6. They had plenty of reason not to hand him over, the main one being the loss of billions we gave them to be our ally, which I'm sure went right straight into the pockets of people in the government.

The thing that I'm skeptical about is how the military of Pakistan didn't respond during the raid, they must have been tipped off something was going to happen - helicoptors are noisy, especially when one goes down right near a military garrison.

7. Dude I know, how dare anybody question the government.

Let's rub this one in their face so they never do it again! :hello:

8. #28 garrison68, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011

In my opinion, Al Quada attacked us on 9/11 for the same reason they attacked us before and likely will again: They are trying to start wars between the United States and the Middle East so that they can destabilize the United States, take over their own governments and assets, set up Islamist theocracies, conquer other nations and spread Islam by force.

They are the aggressors, but they don't see it that way.

9. #29 OneLove22, May 6, 2011
    There's questioning the government and then there's believing that absolutely everything the government does/says no matter what is something meant for manipulating it's own people so they can gain a power advantage; and nothing they ever say has truth to it. :D

10. #30 SmokinP, May 6, 2011
    What makes you think that the Taliban hated the US ?

Did the Taliban ever launch an attack on the US ?

There are quite a few Americans who would be considered "terrorist suspects" such as GWB and Obama.
    They are both guilty of ordering the slaughter of thousands of civilians.
    I am heartened that you would support their extradition and trial for said crimes.

11. Can't we just nuke these curry smellin fucks already

12. Amerians are equally as much of a terrorist IMO

Like wtf are they doing in the middle east

13. U.S.A is the biggest strongest country in the world. We go where we want when we want. And we will kill you.

Get with the program.

14. Tribalism man. People are very "team" oriented.

They want to "win" and they never want to admit when they, their guy, or their country is wrong. It leaves me :(

15. [​IMG]