Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. LONG time no see, Pakalolo. Sorry, just kinda up and disappeared after my breakup with my ex. lol..

I got some organic Pineapple Express autofem by Fastbuds going on. What you been up to?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Going through a separation is always disruptive. Your ladies are looking very nice.

Me, I'm still busy in my cellar growing my own and doing some selective breeding. I haven't been smoking much lately. Instead I've been making hash oil and capping it. I take a pill each night to help with my back pain and sleep. Funny when I was younger it was all about the recreational side of the herb. I seem to have grown away from that and more to actually using it for medical reasons.

Now that it's summer I've been doing my vegetable garden and lots of hiking in the mountains. I've gone up and spent the night a couple of times and I'm preparing for a few more hikes over multiple days. I've got 2 loop hikes planned where I climb up into the mountains and then come back to my car through a different route.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Be careful and make sure you don't get lost! Your girls can't be tended to if you're gone. :3

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm excited to see the results of your side by side comparison. The KIS Organics Soil uses Oly Mountain Fish Compost and EWC for the compost portion of the mix (50% peat, 33% pumice 2/3 medium 1/3 large, 17% compost).

Hope all your hiking is going well, I've been wanting to make it over to the Olympics for a few days in the woods. Have you seen that show "Alone" on the History channel I think? They drop off 10 people on Vancouver Island and whoever lasts the longest wins 500K. It's a pretty interesting show, you might like it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. [​IMG]

This is Durbin Bubble in KIS Farms soil. She is a little taller than the other 3 growing in my soil. One thing I'm seeing is the serrated edges of the leaves are showing some yellow discoloration. I'm not seeing that on the other girls. I'll be keeping an eye on that to see if this becomes an issue.

• Like Like x 2
  6. So is the KISS soil as effective to your hand mixed or does the addition of teas negate an objective review?

7. I am not using enzyme teas. I did top dress with my vermicompost and that is something that only I have. I debated whether to use it but decided to go with it.

It seems to working okay but it will be the finish that will determine how well it does against my soil. It's that last 4 weeks of flowering that does the heavy lifting. If the soil is good so will be the buds. I'll be posting updates on her progress. She just was moved to the teenage area but is still in a 2 gallon pot. I'll be moving her to a 5 gallon pot soon and will get a picture of the root development like I did when I transplanted from the gallon pot.

• Like Like x 2
  8. It's been almost 3 weeks since I moved the Durbin Bubble growing in KIS biochar soil to the teenage area. Today I transplanted from 2 gallon into 5 gallon pots. This gave me an opportunity to show root development. This is Durbin Bubble roots.

[​IMG]

They look good and have filled in the pot. Hereare the roots of one of her siblings (not the same cultivar) that has been growing in my soil.

[​IMG]

They look similar so the root development is about the same in my soil and KIS soil. Here is what Durbin Bubble looks like above ground.

[​IMG]

And the other above ground.

[​IMG]

In about 3-4 months I should have the final results. I'll post a few pictures when I move her to one of the flower areas.

• Like Like x 4
  9. I moved the Durbin Bubble to the flower area so tomorrow will start the 11 on and 13 off light cycle. She looks good so far and this will be the finally 8 weeks or so. I'll post pictures of her progress every couple of weeks. Remember she is being grown in KIS Farm's biochar soil mix. I'm not adding anything to her but water. She doesn't get the enzyme teas that the other girls do. This is a pure water only grow,

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Here is the latest pictures of the Durbin Bubble that I've been growing using KIS Farm's biochar organic soil. This is day 17 since I flipped her to 11 on and 13 off. She is doing just as good as my ladies in my soil. Remember that I'm only using water too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. Today starts the sixth week since I flip the Durbin Bubble to 11 on and 13 off. This is my KIS Farm's biochar, water only soil mixture. I'm only using water, no malted barley teas or even top dressing with my vermicompost. She is looking good so far and should finish in about 3 more weeks.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  12. Today I harvested the KIS Farms' biochar lady, Durbin Bubble. I grew this in the soil using water only. I did top dress with my vermicompost but she didn't get any malted barley teas. The other 3 ladies with her this cycle did get all of the normal teas besides the watering. Overall the Durbin Bubble grew as well as the other 3. I didn't see any drop off as far as bud formation or final development. The only thing that I did see is the Durbin Bubble was about 4.5 ounces lighter than the average of the other 3 ladies. I don't know if this is a result of the soil or the lack of teas or even differences in cultivars. I checked my data on other Durbin Bubbles I have grown and those were close to the weight of the average 3 ladies. Here is what she looked like just before the chop.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  13. This is my goodbye from posting in this journal. I have shown what I do and have provided pictures and explanations for how I go about growing. I started this journal with the intent of documenting my grow for personal reasons but have been willing to share what I've learned over my years of experience. I'll still hang out in the city and may sometimes post but I've got nothing left to share. I haven't kept any secrets or techniques to myself. I'm still willing to help if anyone has questions but I would ask that you PM me because I won't be checking this journal on a daily basis.

I wish all of you herb lovers to have successful harvests and happy to see that more states are coming around to recognize that marijuana is not the calamity it was made out to be. May the future be bright for all of you blades.

• Like Like x 11
  14. Much love pak!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
  15. Pak thank you for sharing your hard earned knowledge with us. I hope your future endeavors continue to be successful for you. Your posts will be missed my brother.

If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know.

• Like Like x 7
  16. Much Peace and Love

• Like Like x 6
  17. Hey pak happy thanksgiving.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Thanks, and a merry Christmas to you and yours.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Merry Christmas pak. Miss seeing you around here bro.

• Like Like x 3
  20. I still hang out but I don't have anything new to show. I'm growing the same cultivars that I have and they look the same as previous pictures. I don't have anything new to share because I'm using the same techniques as I've shared. So I don't want to be redundant and repetitive.

Merry Christmas to you too. May your buds be fatter and the quality be better in 2017.

• Like Like x 5