Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. I think the malted barley teas or enzyme teas is working to reduce the maturity time for my ladies. I had these two ladies ready for harvest at 47 days after flipping to 11 on and 13 off.

Durbin Bubble
    [​IMG]

Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. I'm finding the same thing Pak. A significant reduction in finish times. Those plants are looking great!

• Like Like x 6
  3. LoLo :biggrin: my most fabulously fabulous Brodie :vaping:
    How you been since I last holla'd atchu? A..the garden is nice and tight.. I've been thinking about a nice strong sativa, and i know i have some jems in those Cellar beans just waiting to crack.
    Again..just stopping in on my fam see what's up :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  4. You know me just chillin' in the cellar. Things are getting more and more activity now that spring is here and summer is around the corner. I've got my vegetable starts going and the vegetable garden is ready to accept them.

I've been going hiking regularly to prepare tor hitting the mountains. I plan on doing the Pacific Crest Trail, at least, the Washington sections this summer. I think that's about 500 miles so I'm working those legs.

Growing the herb pretty much takes care of itself with the soil mixing I do. I got a bag of KIS Farms' only water soil mix. I'm going to be testing it out here in the near future. I'll take a clone through flower in the soil but only use water. I won't be giving any enzyme teas, just water. I'll post progress pictures of the trial. The only difference between what I mix and KIS' water only mix is the compost used. I'm assuming they used Oly Mountain Fish compost and I used my own vermicompost. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

• Like Like x 4
  5. I'm flipping to 11 on and 13 off of my new mothers tomorrow. I moved them today but they won't be under that timing until tomorrow because they will be on for 18 hours today even though I moved them to the flower area 2.
    Afgooey
    [​IMG]

Jihad
    [​IMG]

I've got a Goblin Queen that is 49 days after the flip and she is almost ready to be harvested.

Goblin Queen
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  6. I know I haven't been posting many pictures lately but things really haven't changed much from all the other pictures I've posted. I'm running the same cultivars so not much new to show. I've done some more pollinating and have some more seeds.

Here are the seed mothers.

Jihad
    [​IMG]

Afgooey
    [​IMG]

Durbin Bubble
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. I did take down a Blue Orca yesterday but I still have 3 more ladies at a little over 7 weeks.

Flower area 1
    [​IMG]

And here is the on deck girls.

Teenagers
    [​IMG]

Tweeners
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  8. LoLo,
    Your fucking garden is great!!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. as PW would say, looking clean and green in there, my friend hope yu're doing well and getting a lot of hiking in :wave:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Looking fine as always.. Fired some more beans this week and last..
    [​IMG]
    About 3/4 of the last tray of seeds I started back at the end of march has shown male so far.. Might have 3 or 4 viable females.. Lets hope this tray and the next one I just started do better..
    BNW

• Like Like x 7
  11. #3071 Pakalolo, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    These ladies got flipped on April 19 and they are ready to be taken. I could let them go a little longer but I want to clean up the area and hit it with a sulfur burn. I've been dealing with PM again.

This first lady has been dusted with pollen on May 5 and has some nice looking seeds.

Coots Grail
    [​IMG]

This is my favorite cultivar. It's a nice sativa leaning lady that I'm sure Smokey would enjoy.

3M
    [​IMG]

3Elders
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. #3072 Pakalolo, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    A couple of months back my friends at KIS Farm gifted me a bag of their organic soil with biochar. The bag had been torn but that wasn't an issue with me. I'm going to test the claim that you can just use water. I know that you can grow with water if you have a good soil mix. I've done it before with my soil mix and even now I use mainly water. As I've said before I do apply a malted barley tea (enzyme tea) every two weeks but for this particular plant I'm not going to add anything but water.

I'm not sure where specific outlets (besides KIS Farm) that you can find this. I know that it is stocked at some grow shops but you could call KIS Farm (425-558-0990) to find out where they have be delivering this product. You look for this bag.

[​IMG]

The bag has 1.5 cubic feet and that is about 10 gallons.

[​IMG]

The soil in the bag looks like what I mix up.

[​IMG]

I decided to go with Durbin Bubble. It was already in a 4" pot with my soil but I don't think that will have much of an impact on this run.

[​IMG]

Here she is in a gallon pot with KIS Farm soil. I added some vermicompost as a top dressing and sprinkled some neem cake over it before covering with timothy hay.

[​IMG]

I will update the progress of this girl. I know that KIS Farm is using the best ingredients that they can find. They are the same ingredients that I use because I buy my supplies from them. The only difference between my soil and theirs is the compost component. I use my own vermicompost that I add amendments and comfrey too. I guess that KIS Farm uses Oly Mountain Fish Compost.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Hey Pak! I'm super excited to watch you grow the Durbin bubble in KIS soil! I've been using the KIS as a base for no till and it's worked quite well. I suspected they use Oly mountain fish compost for their humus portion as well but I haven't asked. It holds moisture very well, I have some clones potted in their water only mix without biochar.

Happy growing!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Suuup LoLo :jump:
    Ahhhh 3M is definitely looking like something I should be burning daily. I'll keep me eye's peeled on her progress. Let me know when you finalise the breeding her.

Whats in a Coot's grail?

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'm not sure of the lineage but from what I understand is that it has Zazen in it. But that's all I know besides being good quality.

• Like Like x 5
  16. I've been making IWE hash for a couple of years now. Over time like everything else I have modified my technique. I made a batch of hash from my trimmings yesterday and thought I would break out my PC Microscope and check on the quality. My first attempt had a lot of foreign material like pieces of hair and some leaf bits.

This time it looks so much more cleaner. I don't see any leaf material but some hair is still getting in there. The lighter color comes from the larger mesh screens (120, 73) while the darker stuff comes from the finer mesh screens (45, 25).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  17. These 2 ladies are my latest seed mothers. I pollinated them on June 2 and they have about 3 more weeks to go before harvest. I really like the looks of the Afgooey.

Afgooey
    [​IMG]

Jihad

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  18. This is flower area 1. I've had minor issues with PM and mites but this run here so far is clean as can be. These are just 13 days since flipping them to 11 on and 13 off. I pollinated the UofDub and Ortega 2 days ago.

[​IMG]

These other two ladies are just over 6 weeks since flipping to 11 on and 13 off. I've been using malted barley teas on them since they were teenagers. It looks like I'll be taking them down in about a week. That is Jihad on the left and Afgooey on the right. I really like the structure of the Afgooey. Looking forward to searching the seeds of this one.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Now for an update on the KIS biochar water only soil. Today I transplanted the Durbin Bubble from a gallon pot into a 2 gallon pot. While the girl is in the gallon pot I'm more interested in seeing root development. This is the foundation for later growth so I think this is an important stage.

The Durbin Bubble will not get any of my EWC but she will get my IPM regiment. I chose not to top dressing with EWC because no one but I have this particular EWC. Here is a link to the first post

Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Here is what the root development looks like in the KIS soil.
    [​IMG]

Here is what some roots look like in my soil.

[​IMG]

I would say they are comparable. I'll post some more pictures in a few weeks. When I transplant them to 2 gallon pots is the start of LST'ing them. It takes a few weeks before they start adapting to this bending over.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Looking stellar Pak, I might get a bag or two of that kis to try it while I cook some soil up. I'll probably order amendments from them too.

Sent from my Z716BL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3