Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Thanks guys, I didn't know about 420 until a few years back when someone I worked with told me the back story. To me, it is just another day in my growing adventure,.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Glad to see yiu back in the City LoLo! Soooo whens the uodate gonna be ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. If Pak or Smoke could please explain
    what has become of Pappa Wayne?

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'm not familiar with the story package can you send some light on it.. I've google it but there is only speculation as to the origins

Sent from my N9518 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. BIGDADDY Is doing great, someone asked about him last month. I hit him up, and he stopped in on The Porch. He's good though ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have no special insight above the rumors on the origins of 420. What the other developer that I worked with told me it was based on some high school stoners who arranged to met at 4:20 to share some herb. Now I read the other day that some high school students at San Rafael used it as a code word and called themselves the "Waldos" because they would met in front of a wall at 4:20. This seems like a likely scenario to me.

• Like Like x 4
  7. #3047 Pakalolo, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Okay Smokey here is an update on my newest cultivars. I haven't been posting much of what I'm doing because I've been growing the same 8 cultivars for a few runs now. So it would be the same old pictures of the same old plants. To me, that isn't very exciting. Anyway here are my 5 newest cultivars. I have already pollinated Durbin Bubble and I plan on pollinating the other 4 when I put them into flower.

Afgooey
    [​IMG]

Jihad
    [​IMG]

Ortega
    [​IMG]

UofDub
    [​IMG]

Durbin Bubble
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. #3048 thezephyr, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    as a bay local I can confirm that this is in fact the correct origin of 4:20.

and this grow is beautiful. your durban bubble has some intense similarities to most phenos of the durban pie I used to grow (durban x drubanxgrandaddypurple). this unique plant was essentially conjoined twins of that strain, sprouted with 4 cotyledons and never topped it formed dual or quad branches at each node, and it ended up being my keeper pheno for a back cross because I couldn't take a cut at the time:
    IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0546.JPG IMG_0547.JPG (neat 'high five'leaf mutation)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Beat me to it, but yeup on the San Rafael story.
    Nice update LoLo lookibg spiffy as always. I dont mind seeing the same strains, its the hralth of your garden that's inspiring ;) .
    I like the Afgooey too, she's got those very thin blades like the Blue dream I like so much.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I figured that was the most likely story out of all of the rumored ones. It makes sense more than Hilter's birthday (which it is) or Bob Marley's birthday or death. Nor was it the number of chemical compounds in marijuana. But a few teen-aged high school stoners, now that's a story that has the ring of truth to it.

Thanks for noticing my girls. This is my first grow of Durbin Bubble. One of my grow friends shared a joint with me and I thought it was very good. He later gave me this cutting and now I'm about 6-7 weeks away from determining whether this will be a keeper or not. She is worth breeding to my old males though.

Thanks Smokey for the compliment. You're not doing too shabby yourself with the current run. I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age. I've never tried the Afgooey before but she is rumored to be good quality. I'm sure she will make a good breeder.

• Like Like x 6
  11. She is definitely goibg to contibute to your line from the looks of her. Cant wait to see her bud structure.

• Like Like x 3
  12. What just doesn't ring true about all the stories is the fact that California's medical marijuana laws are proposition 215 and state senate bill (420) seems just a tad to coincidental to me..
    Can somebody confirm the actual use of it before the passing of senate bill 420 ?? Jan 1 2004..

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  13. #3053 thezephyr, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    well I didn't smoke until high school so I don't think I can totally 'confirm use', but safe to say this has been an established tradition in the bay area among the young and the shiftless since I hit middle school. I honestly thought prop 420 was named in its honor hahaha, eighth graders were smoking j's in orange alley at 4:20 by the time Arnold ran for governor the first time... have a good one brass, your grow thread and specific input has been a huge help on the forums over the past few years.

Edit: eighth graders smoking j's may be morally dubious, but keep in mind this is sf, and that shooting luxury cars with boba tea tapioca balls is much more fun when your stoned.

• Like Like x 4
  14. its also possible 4:20 is just the natural time for kids to be smoking based on convenience and logistics, and that the coincidence happened the other way around.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Time for an update on the flowering girls. These 4 ladies were flipped to 11 on and 13 off on March 29, 2016. They are 31 days since the flip. I've also pollinated Durbin Bubble and Nocturnal. This will be my last run with Nocturnal but I do have seeds if I want to bring her back.

Goblin Queen
    [​IMG]

Durbin Bubble
    [​IMG]

Goblin Girl
    [​IMG]

Nocturnal
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Here is what is going on in the other flower area. They got flipped on April 19 so they aren't showing much bud yet.

Flower area 1
    [​IMG]

Tweeners
    [​IMG]

Teenagers

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Looking good in there my friend. I love that there are ferns just poking out here and there lol. :wave: Hope all is good with you pak ☺

• Like Like x 3
  18. Seems to be a good environment for ferns too. I pull them every now and then when they encroach too much on the tweeners.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Took this one this morning
    The one to the left is Glue 4.

[​IMG]

The others are a mix of some old school strains. Very pleased with their development. I need to get some more of this line popped for summer. Much to do, clones to take, Tps to do, plants to water, stuff to spray, things to trim.................

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  20. Staying busy, growing the herb. Now that is the sweet life.

• Like Like x 5