Painting your plants to hide them

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SaikoNeko, Sep 21, 2015.

1. So recently I stumbled onto a florist that sells floral spray paints in a rainbow of colours
    Apparently this is safe to use on live flowers, and doesnt affect the lifespan thereof. I've also seen it used yo colour some succulents. Obviously this is for aesthetic reasons.

My question is if this can discourage my neighbours from looking at my yard all dodgy, whilst still being fine to colour the leaves. obviously I don't intend to spray the buds, because I don't think that's such a good idea. but the leaves. Will my plant be ok if I use this floral paint to disguise it?

Thanks in advance!

2. You may be able to hide the look of it, but paint does nothing for the intense smell you're going to get in the late flowering period. LOL The paint is typically used for flowers that have been harvested for cut arrangements and not a lot for living plants...at least that's been my experience with it. I'm not sure I would risk covering up the leaves of my plant with paint, but that's just me. Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes. TWW

3. My mom has owned a florist shop for almost 40 years. She does use the floral paint you are talking about and as Widow White mentioned, I have only seen or heard of use of the paint on cut flowers/plants for arrangements. Whether it be vase's, baskets, wreaths etc...I have no knowledge on using the paint on rooted, growing plants, let alone a plant that you will later be inhaling/ingesting. That being said I would be skeptical on using them on my own plants. A much better solution would be to find a more secure grow site. Good luck.

4. Leaves are responsible for photosynthesis and the transpiration of gasses and water vapor. Don't cover them with paint. Bad idea.

5. Trust this man. ^^^ This is exactly what I was going to say. Plus, even if you don't spray the buds, the chemicals from the paint will absorb into the plant and end up in the buds anyway. It won't kill the plant, but it certainly doesn't sound healthy to smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I hide the look by cutting the tips off the leaves. They look like odd flower bushes lol