Paintball gun CO2 Tank? Will it work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shidada, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Hey I have a few paintball gun CO2 tanks that I dont use, and was curious to know if I could use them in a grow somehow. I have an on/off valve on the tanks, so I was thinking I could turn the valve on just enough to hear it leaking, then stick it in the box of near the intake fan. Would this help? or be enough?? Any tips? Here r some pics. Its a...

2'x2'x6'
    150W HPS Sunmaster
    6 26W CFLs for seedlings & cuttings
    4" PC fan intake
    4" outtake inline fan

check out my box and pics at http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...s-2x2x6-carbon-filter-help-pics-included.html

Attached Files:

2. It is co2.. so it would work! just probably won't last you too long though

3. Would I have to leave it on 24/7? My friend told me I just had to have it on 5 min before the lights came on and 5 min after they were on. and I think If I open it just a little it should last a few days idk. And would it be better to do it during veg or bloom?

4. Flowering.. turn it on a couple minutes a few times a day. I have not yet to mess with this yet but i plan on trying it but thats just what ive researched.

5. To be honest here, you need a light that can keep up with the added CO2. I can see by the stretch and quality of the light there, that the plant isn't even using all of the existing CO2 in the room. :p

6. I believe so. I once took the mini co2 tanks from airsoft guns... popped them and put them in the room. Its not quite the best way but it did help.