Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Paint/Skin came off after cleaning piece?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrGrantFC, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I tried to clean my spoon for the first time today so I put it in a bag with sea salt and iso and I started to shake the bag then the iso turned brownish from the resin but then I noticed little yellowish things which is the color of my spoon.. so I empty it out and grabbed it and when I did the skin or paint came off.. so now I have a resin free piece.. but now it's clear lol.. any idea how this happened?

2. Sounds like they didn't use colored glass and did some other type of color veneer coat?? I don't know, that's definitely not normal but, better you cleaned it off with the iso. Cheap shit will break down in iso like bong labels and such

3. You have a color changing pipe. See, when it is covered in resin - it will change to a yellow color again. My pipe is clear, but when full of resin it turns back to blue.

Resin filled water with iso tends to look yellowish brown, no worries OP.

4. yeah mine is also like that. clean its just blue with a clear center, but after you smoke it a bit it turns white and blue and has the word "peace" show up. theyre probably correct with it just being a color changer.

5. are you talking about fumed pieces? he said his was yellow when he got it and now it's clear after the cleanse, all my fumed pieces keep their color once i clean them with iso and salt

6. Sounds Like you have Chinese quality glass. That is coated with color and not made with it. I have color changing glass aswell but the paint doesn't rub off

7. All he said was that his piece was yellow when full of resin, and clear when there is no resin. If he bought it yellow I can imagine it being a problem.

Op will need to tell us what color it was when he purchased it.

8. yea my bad I forgot about this thread.. but i bought it from a friend used already.. but from the outside is where it would peel off the yellow skin..

9. Sounds like a bad pipe... the paint should be inside of the glass. My rainbow pipe, none of it is on the inside of the pipe or on the outside of the pipe.