Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pain under right shoulder

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HippyAmnesic, Feb 5, 2011.

1. So i've had this for as long as i can remember, and its never bothered me as its kinda just become a constant thing for me, i know that sounds weird but i cant remember not having it so it just seems normal.

What it is a sharp pain 'under' my right shoulder when i breath in deeply/yawn, and the only reason i bring this up is because i noticed the other day that i dont feel it when i'm stoned.

I googled it and it seems quite a common phenomenon.. It can be caused by inflamed lung tissue from an infection, and one of the ways to relieve the pain is to use 'herbs to open up the bronchi' (marijuana right?)

so i was wondering if;
    -Anyone else has this?
    -Should i treat it with MJ until i get to the doctors (it really helps), or since its a possible lung-related problem, should i avoid smoking until i'm given a diagnosis?

If its any extra help, i'm in fine physical shape. (i go to the gym twice a week, get enough sleep, dont eat any microwave crap, drink plenty water, dont smoke anything besides MJ and i'm a vegetarian) - I like to stay both mentally and physically healthy.

2. Extracephalic pain triggered by yawning is very interesting:) if you are not running a fever or coughing then it may not be bronchitis.

In view of the seriousness of some of the potential causes, you may wish to consider seeking medical attention promptly.

Extracephalic yawning pain. [Cephalalgia. 2004] - PubMed result

3. yeah man, i'm going asap, i've seen a list of what can cause it.. :(

However, I did just speak to my mum who said she used to have it in her left shoulder (left handed) when she used to garden, but it stopped when she stopped.. This makes me think it could be down to the amount of stress I put on my shoulder, since i drum, work out and i used to swim 7 times a week. I'll ask my doctor about it, but thanks for the advice. :)

4. Instead of smoking why don't you try edibles or using a vaporizer?