pain management marinol/marijuana and drug testing

Discussion in 'General' started by kronos416, May 26, 2012.

1. #1 kronos416, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
    I ama curious as to what type of drug tests do pain management doctors use?
    I have been on pain management program for a few years i have multiple disk problems in back, degenerative joint disease, chronic pancreatitis, diabetes, diabetic gastroparesis and neuropathy in my legs and feet. i have been on vicodin es for several years. just this last few years i was diagnosed with gastroparesis.

I am 42 yrs old male i have taken many drug tests and have passed them all. bUt lately my doctor prescribed me marinol for severe nausea and vomiting. Sometimes the marinol pill works great and sometimes it doesnt a freind of mine suggested i try smoking the real thing (marijuana) which works eVery single time i smoke for the nausea.

Id like to know what kind of tests do pain management docs use to see if your on the prescribed drugs your supposed to be on and to check the ones your not on. I havent been checked in a while but would like to know if it is safe for me to continue to use marijuana on my really bad days along with marinol on my less worse days? That is why i am asking if anyone knows exactly what drug teSting is used for while under pain management by doctor.

I dont live in a medical marijuana state and dont want the doc to find out ive been cheating and using the real McCoy. I know that marinol will show up as a positive on any drug test and also know that if they run a gaschromatagraph mass spec test that they can tell the difference between you taking your marinol and if you have been using the real marijuana.

Do pain management docs just run the regular 5 or 10 panel dip strip tests to see if whats your on is in your system if so then i think ill be ok the test will come up positive for THC but i am on marinol or will they go through the effort of running the more sophisticated test just to see if im only using my marinol and not real marijuana? does anyone know exactly what kind of test they are given for there pain management? any help greatly appreciated.

p.s. eveRytiime ive had a test from his office the tests are sent away to a drug testing company and i have tried overlooking his paperwork back on it as he goes over my charts he always says dont worry what is suppose to be in your system is in there.tThis was before i was taking marinol and before i started smoking the real thing (marijuana).

I also know that when i get tested in past that have asked when i have taken my vicodin last and mark it down if that helps out, Does anyone know what kind of drug test is given to pain management patients or what test i have been getting and if i can get away smoking while im on my marinol? thanks

2. paragraphs are your best friend, sir

3. I have reposted using paragraphs making what info i have posted and in need of know some what better to read can your or anyone else knowledgeble help out please? Thanks

4. <--- Passing KRONOS41 a Grammar Text Book.

Hey Blade Kronos--your Grammar is so complex that it is difficult to know exactly what Question you're asking Us?

p.s. eveRytiime ive had a test from his office the tests are sent away to a drug testing company and i have tried overlooking his paperwork back on it as he goes over my charts he always says dont worry what is suppose to be in your system is in there.tThis was before i was taking marinol and before i started smoking the real thing (marijuana).

Please help us, what are you asking?

But if what you[re trying to ask is if Marinol and THC can be distinguised via analytical test on your piss, then "YES" the two molecules have different signature fragmentation profiles.

5. So if im tested the test they give can determine if im just on marinol or marijuana? so my prescription for marinol wont be enuff to show the people giving the test and they wont just overlook my positive for Thc but will run a more sophisticated test to see im im actually using marijuana?

6. i was prescribed marinol for nuesea and to increase my appatite. from chemotherapy drug methotrexate. this medication works realy good for my nuesea. its been 3 months since ive been on it and i havent gotten sick once. i recamend this drug to anyone with chronic nuesea. i am also on xanex, morphine for spinal stenosis. and methotrexate for psoriatic arthritis. i take adderall for adhd, and a bunch of other meds ive been able to stop after taking marinol. it works realy good. it feels so good not to be nueseas. especialy being a single mother.