Paid member status

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by KeeponSmiling, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Hey I was wondering how long it takes for your paid membership to get activated . I paid for it last night and my screename hasn't change color and I cant seem to access the special forums. Do I just need to wait a little bit longer?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. It has to be entered into the system manually, so it can take a couple of days...my last upgrade took about 3 days I think...

No worries, it'll happen soon...

3. Alrighty sounds good to me. Thanks for the speedy reply!

:)

4. I paid for mine over a year ago and still haven't had my status changed....

5. Well, that's something you should have contacted Support about...a year ago?

You are placing an order with the Grasscity store when you make a purchase of a membership. The forums and the store are two separate entities and are not tied together within a system. Therefore, a real person has to see your order before you can be switched over. If you will shoot me a PM with your order number, I will get you all fixed up. Please indicate within the title of your PM what we're doing. :)

6. [quote name='"RMJL"']

Well, that's something you should have contacted Support about...a year ago?

You are placing an order with the Grasscity store when you make a purchase of a membership. The forums and the store are two separate entities and are not tied together within a system. Therefore, a real person has to see your order before you can be switched over. If you will shoot me a PM with your order number, I will get you all fixed up. Please indicate within the title of your PM what we're doing. :)[/quote]

This is why I love the City. They personally handle issues that arise.

7. Takes a few days on average. mine took well over a week as I recal so it depends on how busy the store is.

8. Thanks for the exact information! Now I know what to expect!

When the shopping cart gets fixed I can get my Gold Membership!

Coolness.....

9. Damn, a whole week. That must have been one hell of a busy week at the store, lol. Hopefully mine won't take that long, a few days is more than reasonable. I'm just glad to give back to the site, I use far more bandwidth than $10 with how often I am on the forums, it's the least I could do. I'm kinda more excited about the Nirvana forums more so than not having to see the ads :smoke:

10. mine took about a week as well.

on the 7th day the payment went through on my CC, but i didnt have a membership. i kept a copy of the receipt & took a snapshot of my bank statement, than e-mailed customer service.

within an hour i received a reply & my membership was activated.

-OSUB

11. Not bad, this site is always terrific with customer service. And it only took 2 or 3 days for my membership to go into play :) Kinda wish I went with a silver or gold membership now, haha. Next year definitely.

12. I contacted you on  08-10-2010, 02:05 AM - we exchanged messages, order number etc... Nothing happened.

Order number is #200006030

13. your membership has been activated

14. So it take about 3 days?

Just bought mine yesterday :)

-Tea Guru

15. what special forums if u dont mind me asking

16. The paid membership allows access to the Nirvana forum, which is a private forum for paid members only and is not indexed by search engines (meaning no one is going to be able to find your posts in there by searching on Google, GC, or anywhere else).
    Great place to post if you want to keep your posts/grow private, or if you would just like a more chill atmosphere with less trolls. :cool:

17. Congrats OP you look pretty bronze to me :)