Pages loading REALLY slow

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Potentcy, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dunno about anyone else, but sometimes (like a couple times a week) This site gets like super slow for me and really laggy. Pages not loading properly, taking 3 minutes to load a page, and it just happens outta the blue, and lasts for like a day...

Does this happen to anyone else? its really annoying. I know its not my computer, and this site is the only site that does it.

Is it just high site traffic or something? An a quick explanation would be nice.

2. Everyone just got back from work/school and started blazing:hello::smoke:

3. Ever since they changed servers it's been mega slow. It used to load very fast. I though the change was supposed to make it faster, wtf?

4. High traffic. We need to move back to the new server.

It's been slow all day for me. Not fun, either. :p

5. Haha it says duplicated post and it takes 3 minutes to submit post.

6. ok wow I thought it was just me.:smoke:

7. Is it the '90s again?

Am I starting Napster downloads before bed so they're done by morning?

Yeah this is frustrating

8. Ya its REALLY slow for me and it keeps redirecting me to a different page and takes minutes to go to a new forum or post. This really sucks makes it hard to browse hopefully it gets fixed soon.

9. cool so there is a club i can join. lol

10. #10 Acid Raindrops, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    its like the page will sputter to load then ill be like alright good, then i go to create a thread and type up something and go to post it and page won't load, so im like FUCK lol. then it takes another hour for the forums to load again but that lasts a minute or two.

grasscity.com always loads no problem, the forums are a different story. :(

11. Quit yer bitchin' :p

They'll fix it.

12. We'll be moving it all to the new server within the next week, we hope.

Until then, we've disabled a few things that bogged down the server so things should be loading a bit faster now. :)

13. Ever since SJ disabled the viewing who's currently online thing it's definitely sped up.

14. Yeah constantly enumerating the logged in users takes a lot of CPU time believe it or not, not to mention the I/O costs entailed.

15. A couple of things I've noticed since the "update". As a sidebar I always clear my temporary internet files and cookies as a routine practice and typically many, many times a day. So, a couple of observations.

One, when I first attempt to log on I'm circled back to the log in page. Some times this will happen more than once. In other words, my first attempt to log on is seemingly never successful.

Two, if I close IE without logging off GC when I come back to GC I'm still logged on!!!. Doesn't seem right!?! Should be a timeout setting on your end, or something, that logs an inactive user off.

Three, I use CP quite a bit to view my subscribed threads. You know how it goes; unread threads are bold faced, click on them, go back to CP, and the thread is normal font. That is how it used to work. Seems since the upgrade I either a) don't see my subscribed threads in CP or b) even after clicking through the highlighted threads once I refresh by pressing CP again the threads I've already clicked through and read come back to my CP as unread! What's up with that?

Just thought you might want some feedback. These experiences are exclusively post-upgrade last week..

FYI

16. will look at this again, when we move to new server

SJ

17. :wave: Make it faster and give us some more smilies :poke:

18. #18 Potentcy, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    it's been a couple days and I haven't had any problems.
    Looks like removing that "who's online" thing helped a lot.

Thanks!

edit: never mind it's doing it again. It's not as bad though

19. Yeh...it's also like I have to authenticate to multiple servers or sumthin...IDK...it just seems jacked up...but I still LOVE it... I LOVE The City peeps... it has just "lost" some of its user friendlieness... :)

20. Once we move back over to the new server and just do an upgrade, everything should be back to normal. ;) Like real normal, not lately normal. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.