Pack a day for 30 years

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BongH20, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Doctor called today. Results of the urine and blood analysis as well as the series of chest x-rays were in. It looks like it is 'only' emphysema.

I am 47 with three kids. The guy who still weighs what I did in H.S. (6' 165), maxed every PT test in the army, eats well, never gets sick, yada, yada, yada.

Fortunately, the city is young and most of you know already. If you haven't quit yet, do it now, or you are heading into a scary and lonely place.

2. sucks man but shit happens. i only smoke bud tho never fucked with them cigs.

3. Grandma died from emphysema. She was put into the hospital for it probably 5+ different times, and every time they'd tell her to stop or shed die. Well, she didn't listen. So she died. Before she ever met her grandchildren such as myself. She was 56.

OP, if you've quit, then good job, and its not too late to save yourself. Too many good people die from cigs, very unfortunate. Haven't smoked one in my life, and never will. Though... I'll smoke weed any hour of the day. So just... Don't kill yourselves.

4. Yea man i get it. Sorry to hear about your situation. Ive been smoking for five years now. Thinking of quiting when my homegrown is smokeable. Sick of wasting money and worried bout getting cancer one day, plus the fact it makes me unfit. Good luck but mate hope ya get over it sooner rather then later.

5. You maxed every pt test in the army and never get sick yet you smoke/d 24 or so ciggs a DAY for 30 years??? smoking 260,000= ciggs.

I'm sniffing a huge pile of bull shit

6. [quote name='"Monteepython"']

You maxed every pt test in the army and never get sick yet you smoke/d 24 or so ciggs a DAY for 30 years??? smoking 260,000= ciggs.

I'm sniffing a huge pile of bull shit[/quote]

Not that uncommon

7. No Bullshit. I never bullshit. That was about 240K cigs ago.

8. How did you manage to smoke that many cigs?? A pack a day is craaaaazy.

Packs last me like 2-3 days typically, only time I ever really can crush a pack in a day is if I'm drinking and socializing all day with other cig smokers. And even then, its more of like 3/4's of a pack.

Glad it is "only" emphysema though. I've been meaning to quit, but I'm still young, and I really do kind of enjoy a cig. Been keeping up on physical activity so hopefully that tips the court in my favor.

Going outside for a cig break now actually :D

9. I had a pack of herbal cigs, tobacco free cos I wanted to try them and I dont smoke. it was a great money saver for blowing tricks. I dont blow tricks with weed much for wasting smoke. and these lasted me two weeks or so. I dont get how a pack a day happens. and I know some people do more than that...

10. I smoked for 17 years, and by the time I quit I was up to three packs a day. Fortunately, I never got cancer or any serious illness from smoking, although I'm sure that I eventually would have if I hadn't quit.

11. Damn man, that's terrible. I can relate.

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but they tell me that I'm starting to develop COPD/Emphysema from reduced lung function caused by my asthma. I'm only 21...I guess life is short, and you can never quite tell.

12. Eh that's why I dip. Sure I might not have a face in a couple years but at least I can breathe.

13. I'm truly sorry to hear about your health issues. I wish you best of luck. I quit smoke 2 years ago cold turkey after smoking 1/2 pack a day for 9 years.

You know, just to throw it out there....smokers who have a diet high in Vitamin A have been known to live as long as non-smokers....something you might want to look into.

Eat them carrots!

14. People who don't smoke won't understand how someone can smoke so much. The addiction is really strong and you find yourself smoking more and more as you go without even noticing it, until one day you realize you went from a pack a week to a pack every couple of days...to a pack a day and so on. Usually when that point is reached you're so addicted you don't even care about quitting. I smoke a pack every 2-3 days, only been smoking for 3-4 years and ive already noticed major health changes.

15. I quit a couple months back after a short stent feel better already.

Thank you for your service,
    Kush

16. About to burn another cig. 19 now been smoking atleast 2-5 packs a week since I was 13. Sucks I hope to quit one day. Best wishes man.

17. [quote name='"Sunny Jim"']Damn man, that's terrible. I can relate.

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, but they tell me that I'm starting to develop COPD/Emphysema from reduced lung function caused by my asthma. I'm only 21...I guess life is short, and you can never quite tell.[/quote]

Bro. Weight lift (doesn't have to be extreme) and do yoga. Lungs will grow :)

18. How did you find out? Standard Check up or certain symptoms?

19. I smoke tobacco sometimes, but not that often. When i was a kid i started smoking just because everyone else did it but one day i asked myself why the fuck im doing it and i actually felt pretty ashamed, i then quit, it all went well in the end. Im proud of that :smoking:

20. [quote name='"OneLove"']People who don't smoke won't understand how someone can smoke so much. The addiction is really strong and you find yourself smoking more and more as you go without even noticing it, until one day you realize you went from a pack a week to a pack every couple of days...to a pack a day and so on. Usually when that point is reached you're so addicted you don't even care about quitting. I smoke a pack every 2-3 days, only been smoking for 3-4 years and ive already noticed major health changes.[/quote]

I'm not trying to be a dick...
    You can stop anytime, it's the mental addiction you can't get over. That says you have a extremely weak mind. Unless someone is forcing you to smoke cig after cig you have COMPLETE control. Wake up. Don't be weak minded. Throw that shit away. Seriously. Cigarettes are evil. Sure they relieve stress and are not illegal like some other plant. But there are thousands of ways to relieve stress that aren't illegal either. I don't want to sound boastful but I pride myself on my strong mind. I can say no to anything I want. Many smokers started out with peer pressure. Just stop.