Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

PA ARD Program

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheINDBoss, May 14, 2012.

1. I got a charge for driving under the influence of controlled substance (marijuana, jokingly referred to as a TreeUI) but anyway I was accepted into the Pennsylvania ARD program that will expunge the charge from my record upon successful completion.

I have to do 20 hours of community service as well as 6 month unsupervised probation (they use a thing called CallTrack where you dial in once a month on your birthday and speak to an automated system about if you've moved, any police contact, etc.)

My question is I have to go in and see my "ARD Coordinator" (aka probation officer I guess) by the 25th in order to get some paper for community service and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this program in PA and knows if they will drug test? I quit smoking for 3 weeks prior to 5/2/12 (I had smoked pretty much everyday for several months beforehand) then smoked from 5/2/12 until 5/10/12 and I have since quit and began jogging and exercising everyday in order to flush my system just in case I get drug tested.
    Does anyone think that they will actually drug test me when I just stop in to get some form? and what are my odds of passing if so? I weigh about 140 and am about 6'0" so I'm pretty skinny. I appreciate your responses guys.

2. Smoke weed freely up until the first drug test as they can't do anything too you.

At least in my experience with the probe your first drug test is preliminary to see what kind of drug "problems" you have.

3. Well on my ARD papers it says that you're not allowed to have/do illegal drugs in your system so I'm just worried that if they do drug test me and I fail that they'll disqualify me for ARD. Taking me off ARD would cause me to lose my license longer and most likely lose my job

4. Anyone else have any experience with PA ARD?

5. Really looking for any advice I can get, concerned about what the consequences could be if I fail? Also not sure if they even test when you're just coming in to get paperwork

6. Hey, what wound up happening? Have you been tested at all yet? I am about to start ARD and am curious

7. If you stopped smoking on may 10th then you should be good to go! Normally it takes a month but since you're skinny and exercising I can't imagine you'd fail. Good luck.

8. I got ARD for an underage drinking charge a few years ago then i got arrested with an O and got ARD for that too and i wasn't drug tested for either. I also had 6 months of unsupervised probation and on your first visit all you do is talk to the guy and tell him what you did, as he doesnt know yet and he lectures you a little. Not a big deal at all, continue smoking freely.

9. Since you got caught smoking, they already know you have thc in your system. You shouldn't smoke once you're on probation, but up until then, you should be fine.

10. [quote name='"TheINDBoss"']you dial in once a month on your birthday

11. Lol this guy didn't really get any help at all, hope it went alright

12. don't fuck around in PA i learned that lesson the hard way

13. If you want to pass ARD and get it expunged I would suggest taking a T-break. Just be careful. If you get caught doing anything else illegal they can throw you out of the program. You have to realize that if you get convicted of DUI you can go to jail and be screwed over big time. I got a DUI for having 0.001g on me, the size of a bread crumb.

It's ridiculous and the law needs to be changed. Weed doesn't need to be legalized. It just needs to be reformed rationally. I mean no one should get a DUI for weed. It doesn't impair your driving. In fact, many academic studies show it helps your driving.

Also, get a lawyer. Cops will tell you not to get one. Don't listen to them. Lawyers tell you information you probably don't know and can't find online. They will likely help you. Cops don't give a crap about you. In fact, they are technically your opponent in court. Think about it. Why would you listen to advice from the cop that arrested you for something like that? Just hang in there man and be careful. Let me know what happens to you cuz I'm going through ARD too. Send me a message.

14. I never ended up gettin' tested and haven't blazed since May 10th. Probably won't get tested but just gonna ride out my unsupervised probation sober anyway cause its not worth the anxiety of thinkin' about possibly getting tested.

I hired my city's top lawyer and he got my possession and the small driving charge dropped but I pretty much had to eat the DUI the cop was pretty standard in procedure not leaving my lawyer with much to work with.

ARD isn't too bad I finished all the classes and stuff before being officially put on the "ARD Program." Mostly a bunch of classes telling you about how bad alcohol is because no one really gets weed DUI's I suppose (I was the only one in my group). Lost my license for 2 months but should be getting that back any day now.

It was about 10 months from my date of arrest until I was actually put on ARD, the PA court system is slow as fuck.

16. I drive better when I'm lit.

17. I wasn't even driving erratically or anything, blew a fuse for my taillights and was pulled over as a result. Damn 50 cent fuse ending up costing me several grand

18. My room mate had to do the same program and never had to take a drug test.

19. I call bullshit. Source?

20. Looks like your program should be over right about now. Hope everything went well!

I just got put on a full 12 month ARD program just for having a bowl... didn't even have any bud on me. Apparently in PA possession of paraphernalia is a slightly more serious offense than possession of marijuana. WTF PA?

Anyway, for anyone else wondering about drug testing in ARD, my lawyer told me that it's very much up to your PO. They have a lot of discretion in how intrusive they choose to be.