P300 Grow- AK-48 and Blueberry

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Raylan87, Feb 22, 2017.

1. #1 Raylan87, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Hey Grasscity,

This is my new grow set up. The run down is as follows:
    Tent: Vivosun 4x2x5
    Lights: 2 p300 Platinum LED
    Exhaust fan: Hurricane 4" inline
    Filter: Phresh filter
    Pots: Fabric. Started in solo cup, then 1 gallon, now five gallon
    Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Perlite, mixed 2:1
    Nutrients: Advanced Nutrients Sensei base with B-52 and Voodoo Juice
    Genetics: Nirvana AK-48 and clone of Blueberry (or so i was told)
    Start Date: Jan 28, 2017

Week 1-
    I started the two Ak-48 Seedlings in solo cups with Hoffmans Seed Starter soil at the end of January.
    IMG_1282.jpg

I labeled them Ak-1 and Ak-2 to monitor any differences in the genetics. I started them under a single P300. Humidity was low from the start, I added an humidifier outside the tent to hopefully bump it up while in veg.

IMG_1286.jpg

I added this clone of Blueberry soon after. I got it from a person who gave little information about the strain and just called it Blueberry. No idea if true or not.

IMG_1285.jpg

Kept the light high, approx 26"-28" over all the plants.

Week 2-

Sorry about the purple photos. I eventually got LED glasses to cut the red in the photos but here i just took pics with lights off and flash.

IMG_1344.jpg
    I transplanted into the 1 gallon fabric pots and used FFOF 2:1 with Perlite.

IMG_1345.jpg IMG_1348.jpg IMG_1351.jpg

Then I decided to LST the Blueberry
    IMG_1374.jpg
    using pipe cleaner, i bent it over and tied it off. This pic was a day after and you can see the leaves have already turned up.

IMG_1379.jpg IMG_1384.jpg

Week 3-

IMG_1437.jpg IMG_1440.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg IMG_1454.jpg

Week 4 -

IMG_1494.jpg

Then got a 2nd P300 the next day..
    IMG_1500.jpg

I also topped the AKs at the 5th node.
    IMG_1495.jpg
    AK-1 kinda got a FIM- resulting in 3 possible tops.

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg took 2 clones off each AK. Seems to be different phenotypes.

Let me know what you think! Ill update soon with new pics after another transplant into 5 gallon pots.

2. Transplanted all three into 5 gallon pots. used FFOF 2:1 with perlite. I folded the sides down on the pots and stapled so it isn't a full 5 gallon. Gave 1/4 dose of AN nutes on Monday. Still being light with the nutes due to the FFOF soil. Raised the lights up to 24" above the plants. Ill have to change the direction of one P300 if i go any higher since my filter will get in the way.

IMG_1515.jpg IMG_1516.jpg IMG_1517.jpg IMG_1518.jpg IMG_1510.jpg

3. Day 27 in Veg. Running both P300s 18/6 with both switches on. I started the seedlings with just the veg switched on but went full power after about 10 days. The Blueberry clone is showing rust spots and slight yellowing on the leaves. The transplant into the 5 gallon with fresh soil should help. Temp is good at around 78 degrees and RH is better 48%.
    IMG_1520.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    AK-1 is developing growth after topping on 2/17. I did FIM accidentally and there is growth coming from the cut area. Its still hidden now but it hopefully will turn into a third top. Both AKs have short stature and little space between the nodes.
    IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    AK-2 is the shorter of the two and a lighter green. It was a clean cut when topping but new growth is coming along.
    IMG_1523.jpg IMG_1524.jpg IMG_1525.jpg

I wanted to check the coloring on the Blueberry without the LED lights. So i pulled it out of the tent and took some pictures. I did clip of some of the leaves that were browning up.

IMG_1529.jpg IMG_1535.jpg IMG_1536.jpg IMG_1539.jpg

I took a trip to a local grow store nearby. I was looking for Cal/Mag to supplement the AN base and help the rust spots. I have been only feeding 1/4 dose of the AN but I will be bumping that up to 1/2 dose for the next feeding. Talked to the guys at the shop and they recommended Florablend to add in on the days where I just water. I have been feeding on Monday and just using plain tap water PH at 6.5-7ish on Thursday. Grabbed some AN Cal/Mag as well. I plan to use both in the second watering of the week. So AN Sensei grow base A+B and B-52 on Monday and Cal/Mag and Florablend on Thursday. However the days are dependent on how long it takes the soil to dry.
    IMG_1527.jpg

4. Day 32 update.

Plants responded well to feeding yesterday. Gave the following measurements per gallon.

7.5 ml Sensei Grow A
    7.5 ml Sensei Grow B
    6 ml B-52
    6 ml FloraBlend

Im still taking it easy on the nutes because of the FFOF but I am planning on increasing the amount once into flower. I am planning on switching to 12/12 after this weekend. This will have given 5 weeks veg. I know I would benefit from a longer veg but I don't want it to get too crowded and there is a possibility of a move in a couple months.
    IMG_1610.jpg IMG_1611.jpg IMG_1612.jpg IMG_1613.jpg IMG_1614.jpg IMG_1615.jpg IMG_1616.jpg
    The Blueberry has been showing signs of possible light burn. The Platinums are intense! I had it 22" above some of the canopy but Ive raised it back to 24"-25". The coloring is off, which under the LED it is hard to take accurate pictures. Any suggestions or comments are welcome!

I was also considering some defoliation once I flipped to 12/12. The AKs are bushy and are covering up lower bud spots. I know this is a debated topic but I'd like to hear some opinions.