p.h

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mary-jane :), Mar 31, 2016.

1. Just been and invested in a p.h pen today and iv just checked my tank ... im at 6.0 - thats what im aiming for isnt it guys ????

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Close! ;)

4. That's a good spot to be in most of the time, but for optimal nutrient uptake you want it to start low like 5.7-5.8 then let it swing up naturally to 6.0-6.1. The reason for this is that manganese is best absorbed below 5.7 where as calcium and magnesium are best absorbed above 6.0.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im using coco sooooo

6. or 6.3-6.6 in soil.

7. coco is basically hydro ph if im not mistaken

8. Iv just gone into flower and the p.h is 6.0 . I bought a p.h pen and some p.h up and down ready to adjust but didnt think i needed to today .... am i right in thinking that or not :(

9. Not today, but foolmelt nailed it. Drop it down and let it come back up to optimize. Just remember, a little goes a loooong way.

10. Which pen did you get? Any suggestions from anyone? I'm in Coco also and while I'm feeding between 5.8-6.2 my soil pH is 7. Can someone please help?
    LED/ CoCo/ Grow Tents/ Blue Dream+OG Kush

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Give it a few feedings at 5.0 and recheck, should start to move down. Coco is usually pretty good at self balancing pH so I usually don't usually adjust, but I have had to do it a few times.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will do the thanks, unfortunately if you saw my recent pics I think I've been over watering my coco. Going to wait five days on a water so I'll recheck before that. I'm also questioning this older model pH checker

13. As long as there's drainage holes and perlite in it, you cant over water coco. I water and feed every day or they dry out too fast.

14. Standard holes in the current 5gallon pots yes(mothers). 70%coco+30%perlite. But they aren't light to the touch the next day. Also would root bound mothers stop taking water? Or would a high pH stop them from taking water?. Leaves are saggy, possibly because temps got to 84 f or humidity got to 90%:(.. Still working on my tent!

15. Checked out your journal and looks like some big ladies for those pots, so they could be root bound. I'd transplant into 10gal fabric pots and trim them up a bit then see if they perk up.

16. Will do Ty. Subbed in here

17. Trim the roots? Or leaves

18. Leaves haha, if you're just keeping it around for clones ditch some of/a lot of the bigger fan leaves then tie everything down so it branches out and the shoots get nice and long making cloning easier and it should also make the roots grow a little less as it works on the new growth up top.

19. So you mean the roots right? No I cant tie them down the stem is bigger than a penny in circumference

20. Trim the leaves, not roots. Not the main stem but the side branches should still be pliable enough to pull away from the main stem, if you aren't adding any silicates look into it cause it makes the plant bendy and more resistant to training.

• Like Like x 1