P.H. Problem.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Justin23, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Hey guys I'm having a problem with my ph and I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

My ph is just hovering around 7.1 I put ph downer(general hydroponics) in it and it's goes to the right ph for a few hours if that then right back to 7.1. I've tryed changing the res out like 3 times now. I'm using a NFT systen I made out of pvp pipes. I cleaned the pipes out before using them so I don't think that's the problem and the hydroton i'm using I flushed under water for hours, and the rockwool cubes I soaked in ph adjusted nutrient water for 36 hours. I'm using earthjuice bloom and micro for nutrients and that is kinda creating a thin layor of basically shit on the inside of my pipes that would be almost impossible to completly clean out without breaking the entire system, but I don't think a layor of nutrients in my pipes will fuck my ph up.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, please help!

2. #2 Bombastic, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    When using clay pabbels you need to soak them in a solution of ph down set to ph 4 overnight as this will condition your clay pebbels. By doing this your ph should not rise that high.

Make sure that no light can get to the nutrient solution as the light can make the ph rise to.

Never Use bleatch as this can make your nutrient ph go crazy.

All the best

3. Yeah I did all that already. Someone on rollitup told me to switch the earthjuice out for a chem fert and that worked. I bought some miracle grow and the ph is staying at what it's supposed to. Ordering some higher quality nutrients online right now.