P-Bud...Looking for Info on this Strain

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by sisterwilliam, Sep 26, 2014.

1. A friend recently gifted me some P-Bud seeds. He grew it in the mid to late nineties. The only info he could give me was that it's maybe a skunk#1 crossed with something else. He wasn't too sure about that though. Theres not a lot of info that I could find other than it was a colorado strain that does well outside.

Hopefully someone here has some info, any info would be nice...Thanks..SW

P-Bud is also called Paonia Purple Paralyzer.  The legend is that some guy who called himself P-Bud went to Vietnam and brought back the seeds that led to P-Bud.  The legend continues that P-Bud sold a couple ounces to Chemdog, who found some seeds, numbered each of them, and planted them.  Basically, this is supposedly the origin of Chemdog #4- a pheno of P-Bud that Chemdog found.  There are other versions, but the stories generally agree that P-Bud is a parent of the Chemdog line in one way or another.... However, they are just stories lol

It's definitely a CO strain, and the climate in Paonia was said to bring out deep purple in the buds.  That much is true lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. There's another bet that I've lost - I claimed that it originated from a seed found in P. Diddy's limousine - damn!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. LOL!

lol I mean, I tried to qualify my response as just a story and "legend" as much as possible.  So I wouldn't pay up on that bet yet, in other words lol  Though it was being grown as early as the late 70s... so it would have been P. Baby Diddy then... or Cocoa Puff Diddy... not sure what he was going as then....

6. #6 sisterwilliam, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014

I listened to an Adam Dunn Podcast the othe day that was dedicated to the figuring out the orgins of Chemdawg. One of the people he interviewed was a guy from Cested Butte by the name of P-Bud. This P-budd fella briefly talked about the strain P-bud saying it was an amazing outdoor strain that he thought wasn't around anymore and that Chemdawg came from seeds from a bag of Dogbud...Anyways, it was an  interesting show.

7. You guy's are witty, I'll give you that! LOL

8. Gandalf

I wasn't trying make fun of you in any way at all. I came out of the 'daze' when 'strains' were identified by what country they originated from with someone's name attached to it - Mike's Oaxacan, Tim's Kandahar, etc.

We were a simple people then...

All these name's have gotten out of control. Sometimes I get the urge to want to collect and grow nothing but landrace strains. Names that make sense and genes that aren't all watered down.

It's all good- I hadn't even considered the possibility.

That's the trade off with new strain names versus the old- Tim's Kandahar contains info in it, but lacks the panache of OG Dogshit Kush.... I wonder what Linnaeus would say? lol

By the way, thanks for the post. I've read about the Paonia part, it makes sense to me..SW

12. I used to smoke it in the 1990s. Recently, I moved close to Durango these people working for weed shops don’t know what I am talking about. What a shame! It is great stuff, real fast and quick onset to high. Has a distinct flavor and even better when smoked. I believe it was not just the strain but how it was grown. It was not grown Outdoor using indoor soils and techniques. They used the land, sun and natural stuff available to make a superb end product. If someone said they had PBud and it looked and story checks out, that would probably be the only bud I smoke beside my own personally produced. It is a a great strain and I can help you verify if they it is or is not the PBud! Where did you get it?

13. What I heard was that P-bud was the name of the grower who bred chem dawg and sour diesel. Those strains originally came from seeds that he got from a Greatful dead festival family group he was getting flower from in the late eighties and early nineties. I didn’t think p bud was a specific type of cannabis but who knows. The chem dawg mythos is pretty revered within the community but as to what is true or not... that’s the question.

I hear people started calling the diesel sour diesel because he was charging 500 a zip with no price breaks and you could only get one zip so people were getting “sour” about it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I went to College in Gunnison Colorado near Crested Butte. P Bud was so hard to find but when you found it. You knew what you had!! Gold!! An Ounce of P Bud was more than an ounce of Pure Gold in 1991. It still is the best bud I've seen or smoked. SO HARD TO EVEN FIND THOUGH