Ozone Generators

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DizzDaWG420, Apr 10, 2011.

1. I have a few questions about ozone generators.

1. How loud are they? Are they noisy? Quite etc...
    2. How many mg/hr per plant.
    3. Is the ozone created bad for you?
    4. Does ozone have a unique smell?

Questions about carbon filters.
    1. How cheap can I get them? xD:confused:

2. The ozone is bad for you, but if you stay at a safe distance it will oxidize other things before it gets to you. (Google that distance -- I'm not sure what it is). It is also bad for the plant leaves that are close to the generator. It might also be bad for buds (not sure). There are LOTS of DIY carbon filters on this forum. Check the DIY forum.

3. I have a small one, oz jr. it's called. No noise at all. I have it mounted to my grow cab, directly under the exhaust of my carbon filter. It adds a weird smell to the air for sure. I've never had to use it because my carbon filter works. I have it for back up cause you never know. Also, I don't think this little machine kicks out harmful levels, but it can remove smell from plants leaving you will stink-free bud, ewww.

4. What does it smell like? Does it smell like vacuum cleaner exhaust?

5. lol, kinda, but not dusty. It has a "clean" smell. Like I said though, i've never needed it using a carbon filter.

6. I once had a chemstry teacher who said that ozone smells like vacuuming. That's why I was wondering. I've heard it breaks down THC, but I don't know if that's true.