ozone generator

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ravenspyz7, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hey all, I currently came across an ozone generator specifically a Tornado. It says its supposed to deodorize up to 40000 cubic feet. specifically THIS ONE. Does anyone know about this specific type one? I heard some of these things may harm your plants or even yourself. Is it worth keeping this thing because im thinkin about sellin it and buying something that may be more useful. Does anyone know or have something similar to this one and have had results?

2. Hey man, just try going with a carbon filter + fan or ona gel or something. I've heard Ozone isn't good for your lungs at all..:rolleyes:

3. Duel carbon filters for the win. For instance. I will be running a 4inch inside of either a 6 or 8 inch carbon filter.

4. A good buddy of mine bought one, he used it for one harvest. We noticed brown weird rust spots similar to mag deficiency but it wasn't. He sold it on craigslist after that harvest.

5. #5 TranceKid, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm not too fond of them either man

6. #6 SimonC, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    Ozone works by extended contact with contaminated air. Meaning, the exhausted air goes into another space where it mixes with the Ozone and then is exhausted after a given period of time. The Ozone should not be in the growroom and it should not be leaching into the living space. For example, I use Ozone for my main room. The air is exhausted into an attic space where it mixes with the Ozone, and then dissipates through the vents in the roof. HTH

Edit: Sorry, what? A filter inside a filter?

Simon

7. #7 TranceKid, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    A filter inside a filter inside a filter! An inception for filters!

8. ozone generators can be hazardous to plants, humans and pets. . .and it only works at really high levels. . .far beyond the safe levels of occupied spaces. They sell units for occupied spaces, but the levels of O3 they produce don't do any good, and evidence shows they may even inhibit biological contaminant growth at any level. .

Only use if you know exactly what you're doing with it. . .air tight exhaust space that vents to the outside.

I don't know what kind of space or setup you have, but unless it's extremly large, I would use carbon scrubbers. . .:smoke:

Be Safe

9. Lol i just filters the air a second time. It's overkill but you can put your nose to the filter and never smell anything.

10. fucking rofl:hello:

11. Well, for those who would like to use ozone a couple tips. First of all, ozone is commonly used with reef tanks to help clean the water. Usually they're used in conjunction with whats called a protein skimmer to take organics out of the water. To deal with the issues of ozone in the air a carbon filter is used with the skimmer.

Fortunately for those with a carbon filter for odor control they already have a way of dealing with ozone. Injecting the ozone before or in the carbon filter but after the grow box would be ideal so your not exposing your plants to ozone. In this case the carbon filter is filtering both the "odor" and the ozone.

HTH