Ozone generator

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Krabs, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Anyone ever use an ozone generator for odor removal?

I was thinking of building one and seeing if it worked. I have no real need for ultimate stealth as I have my own place.

But I was wondering since long term indoor smoking can definitely put an odor in a room. Something I'm just trying to avoid. Right now I just have a window fan that constantly flows in fresh air from the outdoors. But sometimes when I come home from work I can get a slight whiff of smoke smell.

2. no i smoke so i dont even notice it. but i will say they do work! 

3. I knew a guy who had one and after seeing it work, I'd like one too. You could smoke cigarettes inside and it still smelled fresh. Coming out of the house, I swear my clothes smelled like they were freshly washed.. but they say to not overdo it. As far as I know, you're basically creating O3, and that 3rd oxygen is unstable and breaks off and oxidizes what it touches. That would include your skin and lungs. I know the dude has some sort of lung issue, but he thinks that was from using a cheap e-cig.. could of been from too much ozone though.

4. I used to detail cars in college and would on occasion borrow a friend's professional ozone generator. It was very heavy duty. If you weren't careful and left it on too long like more than a couple hours, you'd damage the glue that holds headliners in place and a few months down the line the cloth headliner would fall down.

So it is good to know people have used them in rooms succesfully. Time to build a mini corona discharge unit.