Ozone Generator Vs. Carbon Scrubber

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 907freedom, Mar 4, 2013.

1. As far as smell is concerned, and keeping possibly plant harming Bacteria out of the air, which is more efficient?

Energy consumption as well.

I would be using a 4" inline fan carbon scrubber

Or

An Ozone Generator within the 100-200$ range.

Like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LIVING-...105?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d05bd261

Best for the job, lets hear your guys's thoughts, as you are more experienced than I.:D

2. I have used ozone generators in the past. My experience says that they really don't cut it when used alone to knock down the stink. Obviously this will depend on how many plants are being grown. In my opinion a good scrubber will get rid of most of the smell. Now the only thing that I have seen that will completely 100% get rid of any smell is to use a scrubber, and ozone generator together. Scrub the air from the room as usual then set up the ozone generator outside of garden. Like if you have a grow tent in a bedroom. Set the ozone generator up inside the bedroom, but outside the tent. Hope this nonsense I just typed makes sense.

3. Alright thanks. As far as energy consumption, how do they stack against each other?

Also, I would only be growing 2-3 plants of (Nirvana shop's) Northern Lights. Slapped into a closet. If that tells you anything.

4. The ozone gennys barely use any power. Where as a scrubber obviously you would need to run a fan to run it. But you need the exhaust fan anyhow so just hook a scrubber up to it, and your good to go.

5. I am thinking of using two 8 inch ozone ducts to the outside after the lights I also have large carbon filters before the lights. anyone have any ideas will it still smell