Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ozium got in my weed, is it still good to smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Submin, May 10, 2012.

1. #1 Submin, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    I just got a new jar for my stuff. My idiot friend sprayed a bit of Ozium spray directly into the jar and closed it (he was really high at the time and I'm not even sure why he did it). I went to put my weed in it, noticed that the jar is a little wet at the bottom too late, and yanked my weed out. It's definitely my fault for not cleaning the jar first, but I had no idea that my dumb ass friend sprayed Ozium in there! I'm not sure how much of it got on my weed, but I'm not sure if it will poison me if I smoke it. Even though it could have been a small bit, I'm still worried for my health if I go smoke it. I could just dispose of my stuff, but I paid a lot for it and it's GOOD stuff. What should I do, any advice? :(

2. The Natural Resources Defense Council conducted a study in 2007 of the ingredients of several popular air fresheners. The study was conducted by Sarah Janssen, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.and Gina Solomon, M.D., M.P.H. The NRDC is a nonprofit group formed in 1970 with a goal to "protect the world's natural resources, public health, and the environment." The study found that Ozium (along with several other brands) had high concentrations of Di-ethyl Phthalate (DEP). DEP has been shown in animal studies to affect growth and food consumption and had adverse reproductive outcomes in human studies. Ozium contained the third highest amount of phthalates in their study, at 360 parts per million (ppm).

Certain phthalates are noted by the State of California, Enviromental Protection Agency to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity.They claim that 310ppm of Di-ethyl Phthalate in a day is considered harmful. The NRDC study does not say conclusively that the amount of phthalates within Ozium is enough to injure a person, but they say their findings to show that further study is needed and it is best for consumers to refrain from using such products until more definite proof can be arrived at.

Idunno man.
    I assume their study was based on inhalation or something.
    Idunno if smoking something with a bit of Ozium on it would be bad....
    Hard to say.

3. Based on the post above i thunk youll be fine. The human body is resilient and its only a one time thing.

4. I'd still smoke it depends if it was really wet or just a bit moist?

5. id make his ass buy you a new bag dude

6. Ah shit, now Im sketchin hard trying to find research cause I just sprayed it before I got on the forums.

7. Throw it out, better safe than sorry

8. Yeah, considering there's a chance it may seriously fuck with my health, I'm going to throw it out. I keep feeling like this was like dipping it in poison, no matter how small. Smoking weed isn't worth my life, I can always get more clean weed. Thanks guys. ;)

Next time, I'm going to hide my stash somewhere more secret, where my dumbass friend can't mess with it. :mad:

9. i would smoke it if you don't think it has been seriously affected. otherwise, make your idiot friend pay for ruining your precious bud

10. tell that fuckhead to buy you what he fucked up... or spray his face

11. how wet did they get? id take out the nugs that were at the top of the jar or maybe smoke the insides of the nugs ya know

12. Send it to me plz..

13. [quote name='"Submin"']

Yeah, considering there's a chance it may seriously fuck with my health, I'm going to throw it out. I keep feeling like this was like dipping it in poison, no matter how small. Smoking weed isn't worth my life, I can always get more clean weed. Thanks guys. ;)

Next time, I'm going to hide my stash somewhere more secret, where my dumbass friend can't mess with it. :mad:[/quote]

Before you do that, you should definitely consider using them to make edibles. I'm sure the chemicals would be combusted from the edibles during the heating/baking process.

14. ^^^

Ive spilled a bunch of weed on a dusty floor before and made it into some oil, such a good idea. Idk how itd work with chemicals though.

One more idea is ozium is flamable right? maybe hold your nugs by the stem and put the flame on it so all of the ozium burns off

15. if i were you id try to sell that weed to someone i didnt really like to much.

16. I know this is an old thread, but if I can save even one person from performing this completely idiotic act, I will be satisfied. Don't listen to the uninformed people above.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SMOKE YOUR WEED IF YOU GET OZIUM ON IT!

Ozium is not your average house hold air freshener like febreze. This is some extremely powerful stuff (I'm talking hospital-grade). There are cancer causing agents in ozium. Smoking weed after it has been dipped in ozium is a NO NO.

17. [quote name='"hopsin"']i know this is an old thread, but if i can save even one person from performing this completely idiotic act, i will be satisfied. Don't listen to the uninformed people above.

Do not, i repeat, do not smoke your weed if you get ozium on it!

Ozium is not your average house hold air freshener like febreze. This is some extremely powerful stuff (i'm talking hospital-grade). There are cancer causing agents in ozium. Smoking weed after it has been dipped in ozium is a no no.[/quote]

c-c-c-c--combo breaker

18. Give your friend that bud and make him pay you back for more. How much was it? And why the fuck would he spray ozium in an already airtight jar?? Its not gonna smell in the first place.

19. smoke it

go hard in the paint