Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overwhelming misplaced nostalgia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deleted member 331568, Sep 3, 2010.

1. I'm not sure how to explain this...

Last night I was more stoned than I had ever been in the past. I was chatting with some people in a video game, and I had these really odd feelings that I had known them for years, although most of the people I had never seen before.

Everything last night seemed extremely nostalgic, and familiarity was so intense, that I was having a huge panic attack. It's like every touch, sound, sight and smell was so unbelievably nostalgic, it was way too intense.

I came to the conclusion that cannabis in huge high doses is an "emotional hallucinogen".

Then sounds starting to freak me out, like everything sounded like my mother calling me, even though when I concentrated REALLY hard I could tell it was just certain pitches from songs, that were in the same pitch and tone as my mom's voice. I would just then ignore it, but then immediately I would hear my mom calling me AGAIN... I even went in there, and she was passed out...

Then I went back to my room, and everything was reminding me of this Indian rug my dad had on a wall in his house when I was very young, like 3. I hadn't even thought about this rug in like 20 years. However, nothing had any direct or emotional connection to this rug.

Can someone please explain what the hell was happening?

2. lol, you were just tripping man. Maybe you had a good sativa or somthing? you smoke more than regular?

3. Not much more than usual, but I got a new bong and tried it out that night. Haha, seriously I also felt like I was lost inside my head, and if I calmed down, I might be lost inside my head forever... This makes no sense I know.

4. hahah it mighta just been the new bong then man. I honestly love that trippy feeling. Plus i love nostalgia .

5. Me too, nostalgia is fun, I always get it when I smoke. But it was so misplaced, like why would a water bottle remind me of something so random from my childhood?

6. Your new bong delivered the cannabis more effectively into your system, sending more thc/cannabinoids to your brain, perhaps exciting receptors that you haven't used since childhood.

7. Wtf lol that doesn't sound right at all... just saying lol

8. You didn't trip. You were just mad blazed and had a new experience. :smoking:

9. Through experience we gain wisdom.

10. I think there may be something to what you are saying... There have been many days where I go out after previously smoking the night before, and I feel like I am looking at the sun, buildings, roads, houses, cars differently... It's pleasant.