Overwatering while flushing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lemneisaa, Oct 28, 2016.

1. So I had nitrogen toxicity In my auto plants so decided to flush them. My pots do have drainage holes but in hindsight I think I should have made a few more extra holes in them. Anyway I flushed them yesterday and drained the pots until there was very little run off but I got worried I didn't flush them enough so I flushed them again tonight using a little bit more water. (I didn't want to risk overwatering both plants)

I will add photos tomorrow as the last flushing was about an hour or two ago so there isn't any visible sign of overwatering just yet. But I am very worried.

I put the plant back in the grow box at a 40 degree angle to help drain any excess and poked some holes in the top of the soil to help oxygenate the roots and put the fan on full blast. Is there anything else I can do?

2. Next time add extra aeration to your soil so that it drains very well - ie.: perlite, rice hulls, buckwheat hulls, whatever.

In the meantime just leave them alone until the pots lighten up.

J

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cheers J. That is my plan. I'm buying a new growing medium today for my next grow

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you don't have formulated grow soil available to you, to go a plant nursery and ask to buy a bag of plain generic GOOD basic potting mix. It'll blow the socks off anything you can buy at a big box store. Take this basic plain old generic decent quality dirt and amend it with perlite to a ratio of about 60/40 soil/perlite. Drainage is a BIG DEAL with an indoor soil grow. So is understanding that with using a somewhat decent soil, you need to stay away from the "magic beans,".....NUTES, until your plants are well established AND have had time to use up some of the chemicals that came in the soil you're using. No young plant needs FED or FLUSHED. Light is the thing that grows a big plant and produces nice fat buds. Nutrients are simply plant food and unless your plant is hungry, giving the stuff will just burn and stress your auto.

Autos are VERY touchy and stress sensitive and, as a matter of fact, everything I've ever read on them says you pot them and leave them alone...if you want them to grow anything for you. Personally, I don't think they're worth the time you put into them. I want to control the veg time on the plant so I end up with something that will give me a yield after flower. You, the grower, has absolutely NO control over the "auto" variety since it's genetically programmed to go through it's life cycle on a time frame...regardless. Throw away the auto variety seeds, get yourself some good feminized genetics and take the time to try and learn more about what you're attempting to do before you get too deep into it again. You've flushed your plants. Now the soil they're in has absolutely NO nutrition in it for them. So...you're going to go from a nitrogen toxicity to a total nutritional deficiency unless you understand enough about feeding a plant to be able to feed it and not over feed it and keep it alive and happy. Plain pH'd water for several days would have been fine and, if there was actually nitrogen toxicity, it would've gone away and your plants would've straightened back up. Now, if your plants aren't large enough to transplant into some fresh good soil, you will have to feed them until they are. It's not good to transplant a plant unless it's slightly root bound in the current container it's growing in.

Like most, you got yourself some plants and had absolutely no idea how to take care of them. Dealing with "auto" strains makes this even more risky because of the touchiness off the strain. Good luck. But don't be surprised if your plant goes into flower immediately or some other strange occurrence. Next time, do the work before you get the plants...especially if you think you're going to use auto variety seeds. They don't grow long enough to produce anything, so I'm not sure what all the hype is with these particular strains. To get a decent MJ harvest from plants you grow, they must have 2 things.....Adequate lighting to veg and flower them in order to get some size on the plant and force it to grow and give all it's got. Someone who understands how to tend the plant, keep it alive and happy and thriving throughout it's life. It's a 2 part process. You've got to know and understand both sides of the story to be able to grow anything worth your time and effort.

Luckily, everything you would need to know is logged on the forum multiple times. You just have to search out the threads and do some reading. But your harvest in the end totally depends on whether you have enough light to flower your plants and whether you understand enough about taking care of them to keep them alive and growing. Good luck. TWW

5. Thanks for your help. Though I wouldn't say I don't know what I am doing buy granted I have some lessons to learn. This is my 4th grow but my first time with an auto. (I have phototropic plants on the go as well and they are doing perfectly so far) the idea for the autos was so I could harvest a plant before Christmas haha.

Today I am going to mix my own perlite coco mix for my next grow. Though I do have one question about coco if you wouldn't mind sharing some info. Obviously the coco has no nutrients in it or atleast very little. Do I use straight water from the start or do I mix in a very small amount of veg nutes?

I'm also going to wait for my autos to dry out and then feed them bloom nutes as they are just starting to flower which was why I was so concerned about Nitrogen toxicity at this stage in its life.

Once again thanks for the info.

6. How the hell do you know this???

Jesus.

J

7. Haha thanks J. It wasn't just me who sensed some hostility then.

8. Hey I'm just curious if you've ever grown an auto flower plant once in your life?

Have you ever seen any of the autos that @loki125 has grown?

I love it when people give advice about things that they've never done.

J

• Like Like x 2
  9. You'll need a very small amount of veg nutrients - once the planters three or 4 inches tall probably. Just found out light and you can raise the nutrients once you see that they can handle it. A Coco Garden is essentially a hydroponic grow in in inert medium so if you don't offer even a small amount of nutrition your plants will starve. Once you see that they can handle it you can raise the amounts that you give them a little bit more.

J

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks man you've been more than helpfull.

11. Autos don't yield, lol yeah right I have 2 3 foot autos that are gonna produce quite abit each.

12. Wow that's impressive man. What size pot you using? I'd love to see a photo

13. hey yeah autos do yeild and they yeild well lol biggest auto yeilded 1028g dry lol that other dude clearly knows nothing haha. i have grown autos not as big as 1028g dry but grown some pretty nice autos and the autos now can yeild and produce upto 25%thc

14. I have 2 Bubble Yum autos in my veg tent and they were started with 1/4 strength advanced nutrients ph perfect grow formula. Parts A & B. Their doing fantastic. My last auto was Dinafem Blue Cheese and i pulled better than an OZ from each auto. Cant wait to see your Christmas buds. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. if you have a dehumidifier that vould help but it may also effect the plant how old is she and what size pot you using a plant of a good size could be ok with it tho if young and not drinking much she may show signs of over water. pics will help loads tho but atm your doing the right thing whats ya temps. and make sure you run the extraction day and night :)

16. with ya coco you wanna leave it just phd water for the forst 10-14 days thes start your nutes at 1/4 strength work your way up slowly if you need any help with plants you can hit up my auto help page being told to go reserch and being told you dont know what ya doing isnt going to help. you learn from mistakes and theres alot of info which is either incorect or not helpful to the grower theres so many factors which will influence the plant. not just light LOL.

remember with coco your gonna need a decent ph pen :) i dont grow with coco but theres plenty coco and hydro growers on my help page i love organic soil that waybi dont worry about ph haha :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. 2 gal plastic bag, but I mainly use 3 gallon smart pots. I'll take a few pictures when I get off work later . Don't let people tell you autos aren't worth it, Loki is a skilled grower and I take every bit of advice I can from him.

• Like Like x 1