overwatering in a hydro system???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Psilocybin52, Dec 5, 2008.

1. my plants have been wilted for about a week now, looks like too much water. ( soft, flacid leaves) they seem very healthy; there is a lot of new root growth everyday. so.... whats the deal?

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS. Taking pictures and taking them like this, allows us to further help your problems.

3. i'm using an outdoor dwc hydro system with hydroton filled 6' net pots with a ph around 6

i'm pretty sure its just lack of sunlight. right now its winter, it's been cloudy and I've got palm trees blocking the light at certain times of the day.

4. Wilt can be caused by lack of light, over and under watered too.

5. i tried wetting the leaves with a spray bottle and it's still the same old, it must be the lack of light.

edit: I didn't think it was possible to over/under water in a hydro system??? maybe I have a special needs plant

thanks for the replies

6. do u run an extension cord to power the airpump? i cant picture an outdoor hydro system