Overwatered or underwatered?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DJBT, Feb 9, 2013.

1. How do you tell the difference between overwatering and under-watering? This happened two days after I watered it. The soil felt dry and the previous watering was about four days prior. I gave it half a gallon but I noticed the water spread out over the top of the soil a lot so it probably didn't go too deep. I put a water meter in today and it showed the top few inches wet but as I probed further it showed drier, so I watered it again until there was run off. I hope I didn't over water, but I'm pretty conservative with the h2o. Thoughts?
    image-1457148592.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Looks over watered.... They don't need much in a week until they get a lot bigger

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using GC Forum

3. Will it come back? It's looking worse today? Is there anything I can do to help it along?

4. Also, its only the small leaves. The large fan leaves are not drooping at all.

5. Let it go. Spray lightly every 2 days with clean water. Then lightly water with LIGHT nutrient strength after 4 days or so of this...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using GC Forum

6. Thx. I appreciate your help. After an hour of lights on it does look a bit better. I did LST training and it has about 12 shoots growing up towards the light. I've noticed that the worst leaves are in the tallest shoot. I've aerated the top two inches of the soil with a fork and poked a few deep holes with a chop stick. Soil doesn't seem that soaked...it is staring to how pistols now.