Overwatered or healthy?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rick540, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Getting back into growing after a few years off. In all, I have about a dozen personal sized indoor harvests under my belt. The strain I used to grow came from some good bagseed that I bred my own seeds from.

Current setup:

Closet 4' 6"L x 2"W x 5"H
    Lights - 4' T5 40000 lumen fixture overhead, 2' T5 20000 lumen fixtures on sides (side fixtures currently unneeded/unused).
    Soil - Scotts Vegetable Mix (.05 - .04 - .03).
    Seeds - Unknown Mexican schwag bagseed.

I currently have some several Northern Lights and AK-48 plants waiting to sprout. In the meantime, I planted some schwag seeds for the fun of it. These seedlings have been above the soil for about a week. The plants are in 22 oz pots/cups. The cups have adequate drainage. I never had a problem with overwatering, but this one plant looks like it's overwatered. When I put the seeds in the cups a week ago, the soil was nice and moist like it should be. I domed the cups with baggies and then removed the baggies after the plants sprouted. Today was the first time I actually watered the plants. Until today, I've just been spraying about one or two ounces of water on the top of the soil each day with a hand sprayer.

When I watered today, the soil was VERY dry. I put about 6 oz of water on the plants. I'm basically doing nothing different than I ever did when I used to grow. I'm even using the same soil. I always had good luck with this soil. It's mild and with a little added perlite, drainage is great. I don't add nutes until the second (1.5 gal. pot) transplant.

Here's a pic of the plant. Healthy or overwatered?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of a plant from the same bag. The growth rate is obviously slower, but it's not curling under or growing broad leaves.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated.

2. looks ok but it needs a bigger pot now and it might need feeding but onley 1/4 the strenth on the bottel to begin with bro

3. try not to let water bead up like that on the leaves

4. The cup is 22 oz and the seed has only been growing for a week. The plant is nowhere near being root bound. Hell, it'd still be growing fine in a cup/pot half that size. Also, if you bothered to even read the post it says I haven't, nor do I feed them until they have been transplanted the first time.

Not trying to be an asshole, but why reply if you share nothing but misinformation and don't even read the post?

5. When vegging I spray the foliage when I water the soil. I've always done this and most other growers do it as well. I just happened to take the photo after I had sprayed them. Typically I leave the plants out of the light while they dry but put the plant back in the light for long enough to take the pic. I'm not a guru but not a noob either.