Overseas From dating to friends

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by danteD, Jul 5, 2012.

1. \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\tMe and this girl, we are both in the military, have been dating for a little over a month and really hit things off in every way. We are stationed overseas and her contract is expiring in the next 7-8 months. We recently discussed just being friends since we know Long Distance would not work and are trying to realistic about the future (her fear of developing stronger feelings and more attachment, preventing us from making any drastic last minute life decisions based on one another). We discussed and agreed that we will still hang out with each other as friends.

\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t

I still want to be the same fun, surprising, romantic gentleman that I was before(obviously things won't be the same as they were), but I am not sure what lines I can/can't cross.
    Can I hold her hand, kiss her (occasionally), be flirty?
    I don;t want to go too far and her separate herself from me because I make old feelings re-emerge.

I would appreciate any insight or advice

Thanks \t\t\t\t\t\t

2. That's up to you lol

3. Don't have sex, kissing and everything is really up to you but sexual contact will get you attached real quick.

4. hmmm interesting

5. I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to do the "just friends" thing at all....I want more with her while she is here. Is this something I discuss with her straight up, or do I just keep inviting her out like old times, eventually falling back into old habits?