Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Overrated strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Capnfalconpunch, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Purple Kush. It gets you really stoned for about 20-30 minutes and then you crash and burn for the next hour or two. Wouldn't buy it again. What are strains you think are overrated?

2. The concept of "strain" in general is overrated IMO. Just give me something dank and I'm happy; could care less if its sativa or indica it all gets me where i wanna be in the end. But I've also never had the luxury of choosing which strain i want living in a non-med state so my opinion could potentially change if I was introduced to a wider selection.

3. If you live in a med-friendly state and have the privilege of choosing strains you'll see how overrated it is.... Not really, more like a kid in the candy store. Indica? Sativa? Hybrid? Mostly Indica? Mostly Sativa? Dense? Fluffy? Edibles? ...someone please stop me!  :smoking:

4. #4 Wiggibow, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    stop teasing me D: let me bask in my surly attitude

5. White widow is overrated. Today strains really knock it out of the water. I'd take a train wreck hybrid any day!

6. Purple haze I think is overrated its good bi put not that good

7. White Widow is indeed overrated. All the kids talk about in my town these days 

8. I live in a med state as well and all I can say is that it all boils down the grower. You could have two identical seeds from the same plant, even the same bud, and both growers would have different looking plants. One will have upsides the other doesn't and vice versa. Someone who's been growing for 20 years can bring up a plant bigger, and stronger that someone who has only half of that experience. For instance, on the topic of purple kush, last summer I had that same 'strain' from 2 different dispensaries and my caregiver. They all had different CBN/CBD content, different looks, color, feel, smell, and high. They were all in a similar family and could be classified together, but at the same time they were all very different. If I did not get them from the dispensary or grower I would have probably thought they were all different strains. 

9. I think all strains have different Characteristics aand I do agree with it being the grower most definitely then you have to throw in the quality. Maybe the purple was Reggie vs. The dank you copped from the dispensary.