Overheating?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Muckee, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Plants are generally looking healthy. The very edges of the leaves have always curled up, but I had just put it down to genetics, because it was such a tiny amount. Now plants are a little larger I'm thinking its heat stress.

Mostly look fine but one is a little taller and heftier than the rest. I'm running a 450w bulb 17" away from the plant - measurement advised in *some book* by Jorge Cervantez at this stage of the grow.

One leaf is looking a bit worse for wear. Dont think its deficiency because the rest of the plant is healthy. There is no discolouration and no marks on the underside of the leaves so I dont think it's got anything to do with pests or disease.

Please correct me if my logic is flawed but it seems like the first thing to investigate is environmental stress.

Just this one leaf looks brittle and dry, with the surfaces between the leaf segments bulging a little.

First two pics are of the unhealthy looking leaf. Third pic is of a healthy leaf on a lower node.

Picture shows temps about 20 minutes after lights come on, with door open. Heat can get up to 27 degrees but generally doesnt peak above 24/25. Humidity can get to 70% sometimes. That is the only thing that I'm not really happy with in this environment but I didn't think it would really matter at this stage.

Is this overheating? Or over feeding? Or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance.

1580137702455.jpg 1580137719338.jpg 1580137775063.jpg 1580137861784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Grasscity Forum mobile app