Overgrowth!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by powerstonegrow, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Alright, so I had some great looking plants going for my second round of growing. (DNA Genetics Chocolope Kush and Kushberry). However, I had to have a surgery done and they weren't quite big enough to put into flower. I had a friend care for them while I was in the hospital, but my surgery ended up being much bigger than what it was supposed to be, and I ended up being away for longer than planned. I didn't want to try to explain nutes and how to switch my box to flower (lots of work) to my friend, so I just gave him the simple instructions of water when dry and tuck branches under the SCROG when they poked up.

18 days later, my scrog is COMPLETELY full, if not overgrown. I know plants double in size during flower, but my grow is in a reasonably small box. Anyone have any tips for how to flower these plants without killing them or getting a poor yield?

Should I just lower my box all the way to the bottom (gives me about 10 inches) and let them grow straight up as much as they can?

I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do here.

TLDR: I suck and my plants have overgrown my SCROG while still in veg, I want to switch to flower, how can I save them without it being overcrowded/getting too close to the light source? In a growbox.

Thanks!

2. if you have not switched to flower you might wanna take clones and be prepared to scrap your plants or move them to a larger location or outside...

plants will double in size in flower.... so if your already overgrown you might have a real serious problem on your hands....

you can flip to flower and take clippings every day for the first two weeks on the stuff under the screen to help slow the stretch... might help....

but without pictures were kinda flying blind... good luck

3. Remove scrog? Problem solved?