Overgrown scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by coconut123, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    This is my first attempt at scrog and I'm very much at the learning stage.
    30” by 36” screen, set 9” above the pots, 5 plants in a DWC, 600w HPS set 14” from top of plants, 16 days into 12/12, Flora Nova Bloom at 950ppm, Blueberry strain.

1. I started 12/12 when screen was 60% full, looks like I should have started it at 45-50%?

2. I was away for two days so didn't do any training, the plants are now 9” above screen with many fan leaves. The good news is, except for a few areas they're all about the same height. Should I just let them go and tuck fan leaves under the bud sites? At some point do I take the fan leaves off?

3. Should I take off all the buds below the top buds? Or should I leave two or three lower bud sites on below to top main bud.

Thanks in advance guys and girls. This is the BEST site to post questions. Steve.

Attached Files:

2. i think its lookin great, maybe just do a little clean up in the middle for air flow, the key to this is to not let the light hit the floor cause thats just wasted light, but your floor is pretty shaded so i think youll be ok, but if you see that there is air flow problems i would just clean out the middle a bit, otheer than that its lookin great

3. Thanks Joe. When you say clean out the middle, do you mean removing some of the buds? Like so I have a bud site every 2, 3 or 4 inches? It is pretty crowded in there and some of the smaller buds are under the bigger ones. thanks man

4. Maybe just one too many plants in there :) but I think it'll work out.

Don't remove any bud sites. I would take all the fan leaves that are under the screen out of there. Anything that looks like leaves under there just isn't getting enough light and is also contributing to air flow issues.

5. asny growth at all under the screen needs to be removed but above the screen i would just remove a few leaves to let the air flow