Overgrown buds?...help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by w0034, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Ok, so a couple of my plants at the end of the room seem to have 'overgrown' the buds. Have I pushed them too far? They have like gotten out of shape, like they are flowering a 2nd time. I don't see bananas, so I'm thinking they have no hermied?

I haven't seen this look before, just wondering what it is, or what I've done. Will it cure ok? I was going to chop on Monday.

It's master kush, 10 weeks. Was letting go to get the trichs to turn.

Thanks for any insight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

W00

2. You have nothing to worry about, from what I can see that's a rock hard dense cola right there. The reason it doesn't look spear shaped is due to the sheer volume of the bud that's on there. My colas usually don't have a normal pointed cone either, since I usually rotate them a lot they end up looking like that.

Seriously though, excellent job that bud looks fantastic.

EDIT: Also, near the end of the plants life cycle is when they start to swell up and put on a lot of weight, so since it's hitting 10 weeks it's packing on lots of weight now, and the calyx's are swelling and the pistils receding back into the flower. You can harvest whenever you'd like.

3. Yeah its def fine you just have super swoll sacks and your flarin a little bit its ready for chop pronto
    Goood shit

4. Holy moly, looks so nice!

5. Damn!!!....nice fat bud...good job!!

6. Lol 1st world problems there buddy

7. Overgrown buds? Never heard of such a thing...

8. Definately some nice Kush nugs

9. If by overgrown you mean perfect, then yes those are extremely overgrown. What strain?

10. Foxtailing could be the term. Their nice nugs tho! Nothing wrong here!

11. This guys got it. Their fox tailing. Calyx's have nowhere else to go but out now. Just had this goin on with my diesel. Also heard it can be attributed to heat. But I'm at 78-79 with lights on, so I doubt that was the reasoning. Nice grow dude! Keep it up!

12. Yeah foxtailing can occur when there is heat, but same as the above, I get foxtailing on the strain I'm running now (rocklock) and I have the opposite of heat problems, if anything I could use a bit of heat. At the end of the growth cycle when the buds start swelling they start to shoot out in all directions instead of keeping a spear shape bud. The foxtailed parts are still dense as the rest too, which is pretty neat, usually my previous experience with foxtailed buds they were airy.