Overgrown! Asking for advice please

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by growgnome, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Im only two weeks into flower . I've made the newbie mistake of waiting to long to flip and my screen in a mess now. I haven't seen any signs of budding either.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. You have plenty of room! Ha.

It might get packed in there. You could always try throwing another screen over top, but good luck with that! Just ride it out, see where it puts you. You can start tying down high tops also.

3. Just keep the air moving in there and the humidity in check and you're gonna have a fat ass tent full of buds.

4. thanks ! I'll keep at it and my fingers crossed.

5. If it really looks to you like it's gonna crowd too much once it starts stretching good, then maybe take the branches that are under the screen and just chop em. That'll thin out the foliage and make the plant focus on packing more bud up top where stuff's getting light. Search for "lollipopping" and see what you come up with.

6. Lollipop, LST, and suppercropping. But you should be ok, close but ok. If your two weeks since the flip then they "should" only stretch another week or so. Of course there's a shit ton of factors that could make it stretch longer or bigger so there ya go.

7. I wanted to clean up the undergrowth but am a little uneasy . I've read here that too much trimming can cause the plants to hermie or for them to stop growing right? I hope that's not a problem in my situation because i totally would get that done in the morning

8. Some basic thinning to improve air flow and light penetration is fine. I know that there are some who say to not trim any thing off and maybe they're right. But that won't cause them to hermie. I do it once at right about the same stage you are sometimes. Like i said though just thin out enough so you get good air flow through the entire plant and it will bounce back even stronger.

9. and strip it from the screen down. lollipoppin or whatever its called.

10. remember to only trim a couple branches/ leaves a day. Don't over stress your plant!

11. Overgrow the world!

12. the aftermath.

Attached Files: