Overgrow.com

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_09, Jan 31, 2006.

1. thanks for the info man
    i was pretty worried.

2. Holy shit!! This is bad...very bad.

I wouldn't even try logging-on, because as was said, if OG re-opens, it'll be by LEO doing sneaky shit.

Everyone be cool & be safe!!

3. Well, fuck. I hope that's not true. I was planning on using all the experience at Overgrow to help me out when I start my own grow.

4. this fucking blows
    that was my favorite place on the net
    it will probably reopen
    i am really surprised canadians shit it down though
    and even if us canadians did
    we dont have the technology to track a goddamn nuke explosion so if it reopens ill be there for sure

5. Dude man, if it re-opens, it won't be by RC or anyone that's involved in cannabis. It'll be DEA/RCMP trying to lure back the non-informed.
    Do NOT try logging-on to either OG or CannabisWorld. It's po-po city now.:mad:

6. That's Crazy, I can't believe that happened. On what grounds were they shutdown, (even taken into custody!) exactly? Anyone got anymore info?

Nevertheless... R.I.P. OG!

7. Yes its very cleare the feds or what ever dept of the states is after the seed companys that supply the states..first emery then shanti now RC(heavens staireway)just happens he has got cw and ogs servers..

8. All I've heard is a bunch of nonsense rumors.

[THE BIG EDIT]........:D

9. ive heard these rumors to and worse...Its a seed thing..tust me..

10. I figured the rumors would be getting out of hand. Therefore, I retract my previous statement.:confused_2: :bolt: :bongin:

11. I checked the DEA's websites to see if they were posting any articles on the bust but the last bust they posted about was Emery at the end of July last year.

I'll post it here since I doubt many will want to go there. It'll give you an idea of how they think. Again, this is about the Marc Emery bust last year, not the OG situation.

\t

News Release
    For More Information Contact:
    Jeffrey M. Eig
    Public Information Officer
    Seattle Field Division
    206-553-1411
    July 29, 2005

"Prince of Pot" Arrested by US-Canadian Task Force
    Major Distributor of Marijuana Federally Indicted in Seattle, Washington

JUL 29--(Seattle, WA) The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and the Halifax Police Department arrested MARC EMERY, 47, of Vancouver, BC, today on a warrant issued from the Western District of Washington in Seattle. EMERY is accused of selling millions of dollars of marijuana seeds over the internet, though the mail, and in person to individuals in the United States and across the globe. The DEA, in an investigation of EMERY has traced his seeds to illegal marijuana crops in Indiana, Florida, California, Tennessee, Montana, Virginia, Michigan, New Jersey and North Dakota. An estimated 75% of the seeds EMERY sells are transported to the United States.

“The tentacles of the Mark Emery criminal enterprise reached out across North America to include all 50 United States and Canada,” said Special Agent in Charge Rodney G. Benson of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). “Mr. Emery utilized the internet to sell his marijuana seeds throughout this country to customers no matter their age. He directed his business with efficiency, was motivated by greed, and will now be prosecuted for this illegal activity.”

MARC EMERY has operated Marc Emery Direct since 1994, taking orders for marijuana seeds over the internet and is a well known figure in Canada as publisher of Cannabis Culture magazine, and leader of the BC Marijuana Party. According to the web site run by EMERY, he has made more than $3 million annually, illegally selling marijuana seeds. EMERY claims to stock the largest supply of marijuana seeds in the world and is considered the largest distributor of marijuana seeds. According to court filings, Emery seeds are associated with multiple illegal grow operations across the U.S.

EMERY and co-defendants GREGORY KEITH WILLIAMS, 50, of Vancouver, BC and MICHELLE RAINEY-FENKAREK, 34, of Vancouver, BC are charged with Conspiracy to Distribute Marijuana, Conspiracy to Distribute Marijuana Seeds and Conspiracy to Engage in Money Laundering. The charges carry penalties of 10 years to life in prison.
    The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Western District of Washington has filed an extradition request with Canada asking that all three defendants be brought to Seattle to stand trial.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/seattle072905.html

12. maybe they wouldnt wanna bring it up
    but at the moment im being optimistic and hoping og is still open
    cause if its gone
    then grasscity might be next:(

13. No, it won't be.

Superjoint has never, and won't ever, ship seeds to the United States or anywhere else they are illegal for that matter. He values his business and the forums he has provided for us too much to risk it for a few extra bucks.

14. man i had a sigh of relief right there..:)

15. Its taken another turn...Only in time with facts will we really see what s going on..The rumor mills are working...

16. The DEA/RCMP probably won't be releasing any news on it, as the investigation is continuing. The fuckin heat is still trying to pop others & they're not about to 'tip their hand' so that others close-up shop & disappear.
    But forget about OG...it's gone & just for pre-cautions, I'd go nowhere near OG or CannabisWorld. If either have re-opened, it's po-po.:( :smoking: