Overfeeding/Light intensity

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by debicki8, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, i have a few 4-5 weeks old plants that i have been growing under a 1000w mh but with my dimmable ballast set to 50%. I put them under the mh and i usually adjust them to the 1000w slowly by starting at 50% for a couple weeks, then 75% and eventually full a week before i flower. Well it seems i overfed a few with consecutive earth juice feedings and a couple epsom foliars. Two Og strains leaves curled under pretty good and the rest are kinda dark greenish. My question is: would upping my light intensity now to 75% or 100% help them use up the extra nutes faster? Or would more light hinder them when i am trying to nurse them back?

2. if a plant is dying you don't want to up the light intensity. if she's burning then you have to flush as soon as you can not 'wait for the plant to soak up the nutrients'

3. Thank you! I have already flushed once, and i'll probably give them another plain water when they dry out. I was just thinking of light intensity because i read that all nute company formulas are meant for 1000w hids. So i figured by upping light it might help them intake the recommended dose more effectively. I just gave them two consecutive mild doses but i believe it was the huvega (mag + fulvic) foliar that caused them to intake the soil nutes quicker than they needed them at the size they were. Possibly.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you've been running your MH at 50%, you've probably destroyed it by now. They sho not tolerate being under driven well at all.

This may have something to do with why your girls aren't happy.