Overdrive??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DUB'd-MouSSE, May 4, 2010.

1. So I'm going on week 6 of my first grow and 2 of my strains I'm growing are supposed to finish flowering in about 2 months.

I know I'm supposed to start giving overdrive 2 weeks before harvest, but what if my specific plants take a bit longer to flower, maybe because of genetics or something?

I know it's best to harvest right around the time when about half the trichs have became cloudy/amber, but is there any way to tell when I have about 2 weeks left or should I just start the Overdrive 2 weeks before the breeders recommended harvest time, and keep going feeding it with overdrive if they still don't look ready in 2 weeks?

Thanks

2. i cant give a for sure answer but i maybe can give some help. i also have some overdrive which came with my kit from htg supply. i still got about another month in the veg state so im far from using my overdrive. it will be my first time using overdrive so thats why i cant really say for sure. i think it would be ok to use a bit longer. i think it's basically just a high phosphorus nute. the site below says to stop a few days before harvest. personally i plan to stop all nutes 2 weeks before harvest. im always told to just use straight up water at the end or your buds may have a harsher and/or more chemical taste. remember, overdrive is not organic, but i figure who cares, they say it's the best. i'll take quality over organic any day. i actually just called htg supply to see what they recommend, since thats where i got my stuff and they are known to provide some of the best equipment available. they told me to use only water 2 weeks before harvest.

Overdrive | Hydroponics | Advanced Nutrients | Hydroponic Gardening

3. you can add the overdrive an extra week if they take longer no problem.

i usually run it when i think i have 2-3 feedings left to go.