Overdose: The Next Financial Crisis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Aug 31, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ECi6WJpbzE]YouTube - Overdose: The Next Financial Crisis[/ame]

2. I'll watch this when I get back from my bike ride. :cool:

3. The free market failed!

Good video.

4. #4 AhTee, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    tldr version please :p

1st edit: Oh shit, at the 18 minute mark...About to learn about the new shithole that weve created! :D

2nd edit: "When you got a jar of honey, you wanna dip your fingers in it" :eek:

3rd edit: Well, I actually watched the whole damn thing. Very, very interesting, and slightly...slightly depressing.

Where do we go from here? Obviously were on a rollercoaster ride that has part of the track torn off. Move to Australia? Learn to do shit on our own? Im 18, and this is my future, and im tweakin balls

5. Decent doc. Haven't seen this one before. I wish they would have given more credit to Austrians though, and at least touched on ABCT.

One more bust and I don't see how the dollar will survive, personally.

I like how they highlighted the monstrosity of fail known as Bernake though, that was funny. How is he still chairman of anything, again? :confused:

6. The Fed causes the bubbles along with the other central banks (read: Austrian Business Cycle Theory). Lots of people predicted it.

The bailout was a joke. We would've been better off just giving the money to the workers and letting the companies collapse.

The stimulus was basically a bunch of pet projects (aka buying votes).

Our debt is increasing at an exponential rate.

We're heading for a collapse (bubbles will burst).

7. the dollar will fail

8. We get the government out of the way and we try to clean up the mess they made. TBH, I don't see us avoiding a depression at this point.

9. I say we all get a shit ton of acid and rolls for 2012. If this world doesn't end then, some new world will be appearing.

10. Haha :hello:

I will watch this a little later when I have some more time.

11. #12 Iceni Toker, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
    Good film, I watched this yesterday. It makes things that a lot of people may not understand easily very clear. I learned a lot from the part about the differences between the Japanese situaution and the the US's.
    The fact that it would have been cheaper and more effective just to give the workers a few thousand dollars each, rather than bailout the coorporations makes it obvious who the government holds in a higher regard.