Overdose on weed!??! MY BAD TRIP......

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by stevecash83, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Has this EVER happened to any of you!??

Alright, I knew it was possible to smoke a little too much and have an "uncomftorable" high. But what happened to me last night, was fucked.

First, a little history. I'm not exactly who you would call a 'pot head' by any means.. I smoked a few times back in high school, and then went through periods of smoking a lot for a month or so and then quiting again for years at a time, over and over.

Most recently, however, a buddy of mine got some good danky shit and kicked me down a good sack (at a friendly price). So, I've been burning it up every night after work and a few times a day on the weekends. Not that I plan to keep smoking it all the time, but hey, smoke it if you got it.

But last night.... Oooooh shit, last night SUCKED SO BAD!

It all started with a hit off of a new pipe that my friend loaned me (I don't have my own and aluminum cans suck to smoke out of). This pipe is like a fuggin glass dildo with mushrooms sticking out of it. Weird shit. Anyways, the first hit seemed okay, but the new pipe sent the smoke barreling into my lungs like fire. I coughed so hard, but then laughed it off and took another. I usually only take one or two small hits and I feel perfect. But no, not last night. Last night I thought I was king shit with balls the size of Pluto and lungs that could clear a water slide of smoke.

My dumb ass took six big ass rips, figuring I would have an "extra" special time! By the time it hit me, I didn't even know my own name or that I even existed at all... This might sound like a great time for some of you 'seasoned' smokers out there that can stay loaded all the time and feel like you're not even getting high anymore, but to me, it was the worst night ever...

Don't get me wrong, I love getting high. I also love getting more than high, stoned! I like to escape reality for a little while, but this episode wasn't like that.

I honestly freaked out. As pussy as it sounds, I was scared. I felt as if I was having total amnesia every second, and then again, and again. Not as if I was watching myself on a screen, but as if I was watching my self watching myself watching myself. My thoughts were so disconnected that I couldn't comprehend ANYTHING. I didn't even understand how to breathe. By the time I would realize that I didn't understand I would forget again. I kept shaking my head as if trying to shake something off of my face that was stuck over my eyes. I panicked.

I had to go outside to see if life was still real. The more I walked, the more I shook my head. I tried to speak, but after one word I would forget what I was trying to say. In a panic I would attempt to say something else, so I sounded like "th...Em....Wh.... Hey...... Ca...... Why?..... Sh...... Wha....". every thought was completely oblivious to the previous one, and so on. I was temporarily retarded, but inside I knew something was wrong. My girlfriend tried to calm me down.

I didn't know why I felt the way I did, I even forgot that I had smoke anything. Every memory was gone, and new ones just weren't being recorded in my brain (it seemed, but today I remember the whole thing). I just remember thinking over and over "is this forever?". The confusion was that of an Alzheimer patient having flashbacks of terrible times in their life, except I wasn't remembering ANYTHING. It felt like I didn't exists. Not just me, but ANYTHING AT ALL. Although my eyes were wide open, my stuttering mouth was rambling and my head was shaking, deep inside I was aware of every second, I just had no control over any of it.

After about twenty minutes, I sat down at the computer with my girlfriend, I guess I wanted to play a game. Every limb was shaking, I was in a panic attack. I tried to concentrate on the screen and play a stupid online flash game (contraption, play it high, it's crazy!). But although I am usually pretty good at it, I couldn't stay straight long enough to place my hand on the mouse before forgetting what I was doing.

So instead, picture my hand hovering up and down over the mouse, over and over as I was thinking "What am I doing? Oh yea....Game.... What am I doing? Oh yea...Game.... What am I doing?... etc."

I would stop out of the blue and grab my face saying "Oh god whats wrong with me?".. My girlfriend would have to remind me that I was high. I didn't even understand what high meant. Not that I'm stupid, I just couldn't comprehend anything. The recurring thought would not stop that I was brain fucked for life. I had NO concept of time. It's not like it was slowed down, it just didn't exist.

I couldn't connect with anyone or anything on any level. I couldn't communicate. I couldn't comprehend anything well enough to do anything. I repeatedly forgot who I was, where I came from and why I existed at all. And then forgot everything again, and repeated the confusion. And although words and text will never do the justice of getting this experience across to anyone, all I can say is it was the most terrifying thing ever.

After a while, thoughts started coming together. Once in a while, two thoughts would meet up without amnesia intercepting any information from between them, and I would recognize something for a second, which was comforting. My personal alienation from myself would diminish a little. Eventually I could connect three full seconds (and thoughts) with each other, and then four, and then six, and so on. As the night went on my brain slowly began functioning again. As if a little electrician in my head was taking his time fixing a major 'wire short' that seemed to disable any thoughts making their way into the 'memory' chamber, and none getting out, leaving me blank slated every second.

I could feel myself coming down, and I was very happy about it. I hadn't hit that 'perfect high' by any means, I shot ten miles above 'high' and hit planet 'who am, where is, what the, why?..."

Don't go there, it sucks... Theres nothing worse than being totally and utterly confused every second. It's not fun, it's scary. I felt like I wanted to pass out. I felt like I SHOULD have passed out. But I didn't. Instead I was OVERLY alert about every single thing around me, I just couldn't understand any of it.

After I came down most of the way, I vowed never to smoke again. ...... ... .. .. .. ... ............. .. ..... .. . ............ .. ........... .. .. ........ .. .. ............ .. .. .. ...... and then I took another hit to go to sleep. LOL!

Anyways, I guess it's all about moderation. I have to know my limits, and I never want to get that high again, it was no fun.

Has anyone else ever experienced a high like that before? I'm not a newbie, I've smoked plenty in my day, but that was a ton of weed smoking at one time for me. I didn't know smoking that much would have such an adverse effect.

Am I the only one who has experienced something like that?

Thanks for reading!

2. You can't really OD on weed, and thats too long for me to read at this particular moment, i'll get back to you.

3. Yeah ive had a panic attack thing when ive had some new stuff when I wasnt experienced but now I enjoy it. I TRY to smoke too much but ive been trying to OD on weed for years now and it aint happened yet haha:smoking: It sounded like you were high as shit and thats what most people aim for. I know I do. Its fun when you forget every second what you were doing then come back to it later hehe

4. Sounds awesome.

Why does everybody think bowls look like dildos?

5. Yo wat type of weed is that cuz i WANT some of that shit.I swear i've only felt like that like 5 years ago but i was drunk too it was the most bizarre experience i've ever felt.I wish i feel like that again.But i've built up such a high tolerance.I can chain smoke like 5 blunts and i wont be any higher than i was from the first blunt.Anyways,to avoid that from happennin again(i dont know why you wuld want to avoid that) just smoke in small amounts and wait like a minute between hits and see how you feel.

6. um alright bro lets get this straight. you did NOT "OVERDOSE" ON WEED. it's physically impossible. do some research.

all you did was get INCREDIBLY high and had a panic attack. no big deal. like you said, don't smoke that much anymore until you know you can handle it.

it happens to tons of people, bro. it's not a big deal.

7. yeah, i kinda skipped around a little...

the closest experiance ive had like this is this one day i got an eighth of this really good shit.. me and my friends called it "Ribshot" cause it was realllly harsh shit, we all coughed almost every time we took a hit.. anyway the first time we smoked we smoked like 6 bowl packs, and i had a VERY uncomfortable high.. that was pretty much it.. it wasn't TOO uncomfortable though.. so i just kinda sat there, assuring myself everything would be ok. so we decided to go out to smoke the rest. smoked about 6 bowls again, and during the sesh. i started getting light-headed... than, for some reason, i couldn't see, for about 6 seconds. we were in my friends shed, and i kinda layed on this thing-- i dunno what it was. but yeah i layed on it for like a minuete. my friend just said i was "really high" but i was sure it wasnt that. after about a minuete i got up and i actually felt fine... and pretty high. we went inside and went on with the high as normal... honestly, i STILL don't know what happened.

i've heard of many people getting anxiety/panic attacks after smoking. (i wouldnt call my experiance a pannic/anxiety attack... ) anyway, usually, its not the weed that makes this happen. sure, it can bring it on, but usually its somthing else in your life or somthing.. kinda like when you do a drug, you might have a bad trip if you are scared about doing it, or are having somthing bad happen in your life.

SO, to wrap it up, i really don't know what happened to you, but it wasn't the weed. and next time you smoke up, try not to think about this experiance. if you think about this, and you think your going to have a panic attack, you probally are. you'll be high, thinking your having a panic attack, and that'll bring it on.

Anyway, good luck, bro. and happy toking!:smoking:

EDIT: sorry for the long post.. honestly ii probally wouldnt read the whole thing... i didnt even read all of yours. haha:eek:

8. happened to me like my 5th or 6th time smokin, it was horrible. Still smoked the next day, just a little less :) Still though, even after like 5 years if im high and my thoughts are just wandering i'll think about it and get REALLY uncomfortable until I focus on something.

9. ya you simply started with typical paranoia that some people experience when they get high and because you're not used to being so high and knowing how to deal with that paranoia that you had a panic attack. Tough luck but it happens. But no worries, you will be fine.

10. i had something like that happen to me once. it wasnt as near as sever as you explain your trip but it still happened

i was at my friends house and we were doin the usualy 3 bowls each from out gas mask

but this time was weird. my eyes started to like convulse or something and i couldnt see straight at all. i was the most uncomfortable high i have ever gotten i wanted it to go away i was freaking out time lasted forever

but luckly after that 10 min --- so my friend told me--- i had the perfect high for 4 hours

best/worst high evewr

11. Yea, I'm sure it was nothing more than a panic attack while super stoned, but at the time it felt like a personal disaster that wouldn't end. I don't know, I got high again last night (next night) and it was great. Just needed less. I'ts something I guess I had to learn.

12. I get that stoned quite often, actually.
    I know exactly what you were feeling.

Your mind was thinking in circles, ideas of yours ended up becoming paradoxes.
    You felt existent and nonexistent at the same time.
    Every idea you had was logically correct but you were taking it all out of context, you weren't experiencing time as you normally do- it felt meaningless.
    I'm also guessing it felt like a dream to you and you couldn't understand what you were.
    You had revelations but there was too much going on for you to remember them. They can be remembered though.

The more you get this high, the more you understand it.
    It can be controlled and used to your advantage. Just don't be afraid.

13. Because a lot of them do.

OP, sounds like you jumped in a little over your head with those six rips huh?

14. Cause they do. I was smoking with some new people one time and one of the girls wouldn't hit the pipe because it looked like a penis. :rolleyes:

Pretty much this. You're just not used to being that high and in that state of mind.:smoking:

15. The other day I got high and started exercising, At first I was dancing around, then I was just rotating my body left and right and a spot on my right side lit up in pain. I felt the motherload high come on, induced by pain and weed, I decided to sit down in my computer chair, it definately felt very uncomfortable at first.

When it hit me, it was like what I imagine a DMT trip is like, all of my visual senses were converted into fractioned geometry, the shapes in text words became an assortment of items changing constantly and I would see complex shapes (like music cleffs) form and disappear. My hearing also changed, and sounded very muted and out of my ears.

I was really conscious and even aware that I could stop the trip and I did after awhile. It was very intense and I felt like puking a few times but gotta love it.

16. that was too long for me too lol. I have freaked out a couple of times back in the day...you just shouldn't smoke that much until you've "worked your way up to it". I've definitly made quite the fool out of myself before.

17. haha yea thats happened to me back when i first started smoking.

i smoked 3 bowls of super good bud, and the same shit happened.

and yea im jealous, 6 rips and youre like that? damn, nowadays it takes me a lot more than that just to get high.

18. Sounds to me like a panic attack brought on by a bad trip. Weed is a lot more psychedelic and trip inducing than a lot of people give it credit for. Especially the low-mid grade Mexican shit we smoke around here. Some of that shit will make you trip balls. And the less your tolerance is, the stronger it is of course.

The trips come in the form of strange feelings and ideas, usually not visual. You experience a sensation that--if you are inexperienced--could trick you into believing something is terribly wrong, which causes panic, which amplifies the sensation that yes, there IS something wrong with you! which causes even more panic..you get the picture.

For example the first time I experienced this I was laying on my couch by myself after smoking a few bowls of some pretty decent pot with my friends. I suddenly noticed that my heart was racing. The more I thought about it, the faster it beat. Then I started panicking a bit cause I remembered that I just cleaned my bowl out with some different kinds of solvents and shit. I rinsed the hell out of it when I was done but I thought OMG maybe some alcohol or some shit soaked into the wood?

I just laid back and chilled and hoped my heart would slow down. Then as I lay there, I imagined that my heart was beating slower and slower and then suddenly stopped. The fucked up thing was I could actually *feel* my heart slowing down and then stopping. That shit scared me out of my mind when I thought I felt my heart stop. I can now say I know exactly what it feels like to know you're about to die and be forced to confront that knowledge. It really makes you aware of your own mortality.

This was one totally fucked up trip and it sounds like yours was too. But see, that's just a thing that happens. As you get more experienced (and higher tolerance) that shit just wont happen again.

I think weed trips are fascinating. I like to think about and study how the human mind works, and psychedelics are just great for that in general, but weed gives you a good combination of an analytical and a emotional/feeling type trip. You are less distracted by visual sensations sense there are few of those, and more able to study and analyze the world around you. Plus it just chills you the fuck out of course.

And yes, I'm high as fuck right now. :D :smoke::smoke:

19. Dude, spot on! It was just like that! But why was I so scared? I guess what I meant to ask in the first place is, has any one else here gotten over the top stoned, lost them selves in the middle of it and freaked out? Ah hell, I'm sure it happens. It seemed like the most important thing at the time, now it's all kinda meaningless......

20. FUCKING WOW

DAMN, I'm glad I decided to post my little experience here. You're all helping me put it into words that I could have never thought of. Ahh, it feels good to know theres people out there who understand and have had the same shit happen.... Thanks!